no more hunts on national trust

I think the problem is that most people are thick. They are born with a brain but in the most part do not use it.

I know people who hunt but do not shoot. Others that shoot but do not hunt. Some hunt and fish. Some only fish. Most people do not hunt or fish or shoot but love to eat animals and fish that have been killed by other people. Most of the latter are usually against any form of hunting or shooting.

Peller crab has been mentioned in an earlier post. I have had the piss ripped out of me on boats because I always kill the crab before pulling the legs off, putting a hook through it and tying it on as bate. I will cut a lug or rag worm's head off before threading it onto a hook. As soon as a fish is landed I always knock them on the head before putting it a bucket rather let it "drown". Many of the anglers that I have meet think hunting is cruel and should be banned but no respect or consideration is needed in regard to crabs, worms or fish.

Many shooting lads do not agree with hunting. f***ing incredible!

To many fox hunting people shooting a fox or killing it with a lurcher is deplorable (or used to be). Where does the justification of fox hunting being a necessary pest control service being provided to the rural community figure with that logic?

And the masses. Who want it all banned. Often dog "lovers" that fuel the puppy farming business' and KC bred unhealthy incorrect types of dogs that do not live happy, healthy long lives. 

What about the welfare of the animals that people like to eat, once someone else has killed them? Not an issue, all that really matters is how cheap can these dead animals be bought for. As long the product is cheap to purchase and easily available then the moral, animal loving issues can be left to those who can afford to have morals. But they they can still take the moral high ground by wanting hunting and shooting banned because they are animal lovers. 

Fuckwits, all of the above.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the problem is that most people are thick. They are born with a brain but in the most part do not use it. I know people who hunt but do not shoot. Others that shoot but do not hunt. Some

At the moment your right Wilf, but when the shooting , starting with grouse and driven game then on to recreational shooting and stalking , has been stopped , the natural progression will be angling .

…..and when all the other field sports are gone all that will be left are the car parks where the fishermen parked before the fishing ban …?

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

I think the problem is that most people are thick. They are born with a brain but in the most part do not use it.

I know people who hunt but do not shoot. Others that shoot but do not hunt. Some hunt and fish. Some only fish. Most people do not hunt or fish or shoot but love to eat animals and fish that have been killed by other people. Most of the latter are usually against any form of hunting or shooting.

Peller crab has been mentioned in an earlier post. I have had the piss ripped out of me on boats because I always kill the crab before pulling the legs off, putting a hook through it and tying it on as bate. I will cut a lug or rag worm's head off before threading it onto a hook. As soon as a fish is landed I always knock them on the head before putting it a bucket rather let it "drown". Many of the anglers that I have meet think hunting is cruel and should be banned but no respect or consideration is needed in regard to crabs, worms or fish.

To many fox hunting people shooting a fox or killing it with a lurcher is deplorable (or used to be). Where does the justification of fox hunting being a necessary pest control service being provided to the rural community figure with that logic?

And the masses. Who want it all banned. Often dog "lovers" that fuel the puppy farming business' and KC bred unhealthy incorrect types of dogs that do not live happy, healthy long lives. 

What about the welfare of the animals that people like to eat, once someone else has killed them? Not an issue, all that really matters is how cheap can these dead animals be bought for. As long the product is cheap to purchase and easily available then the moral, animal loving issues can be left to those who can afford to have morals. But they they can still take the moral high ground by wanting hunting and shooting banned because they are animal lovers. 

Fuckwits, all of the above.

It is probably very uncool to quote your own post and possibly a sign of insanity or drunkenness (definitely one of the two), but...

A few years ago chartered a day sea fishing out of Amble. We blanked. Not one fish was caught. These things happen and it was early season. End of day went for some food and a drink on shore and invited the skipper to join us.

At the time I had terriers and a friend of mine had lurchers. As tends to happen our conversation turned to dogs. The skipper that day overheard and started spouting anti hunting bollocks! This from a man that had just taken 12 people out on his boat with the sole intention of trying to killing fish! And had been paid money to do so.

Up until that point I had been the person defending him as not one fish had been caught and the lads were a bit pissed off. I then asked the skipper of that boat if he was an anti? Had he intentionally taken us to the wrong marks? Is that the reason why these men here have paid there money but not caught one fish today? 

It all ended amicably but... people, they are f***ing thick!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I stopped giving any feildsports organisations money a good 10 yrs ago...they did nothing to help us before the ban...and even less since...I support my local packs and will pay a few quid on the day if Photo0330_001_001.jpg.62cd049f5c2e4d7feea76f8585b1fd27.jpg following them?

I believe thats the right way to go Dan, support your local hunt, both attend and contribute.

It's just about all that can be done at our level.

Main stream and social media are really forcing their will now, there is a sweeping tide of anti hunting retoric out there right now and plenty of the flack comes, as Eastcoast just said, from 'fieldsports' own ranks....

9 hours ago, eastcoast said:

The one sentence I can’t run with mate , in fifty years of shooting I can’t think I’ve ever met a shooting man that’s opposed to hunting , I’ve met a few who didn’t give a toss about it first or last , but never one that was opposed ..In saying that I’ve met a few hunting people that don’t give a fcuk about any other field sport ..and herein lies the problem ..if your not supporting the sports you don’t do , don’t expect them to support you ..it’s the divide  and fall principle the antis use against us so well ..we are our own worst enemy ..

• Like 3
3 hours ago, sussex said:

The one sentence I can’t run with mate , in fifty years of shooting I can’t think I’ve ever met a shooting man that’s opposed to hunting , I’ve met a few who didn’t give a toss about it first or last , but never one that was opposed ..In saying that I’ve met a few hunting people that don’t give a fcuk about any other field sport ..and herein lies the problem ..if your not supporting the sports you don’t do , don’t expect them to support you ..it’s the divide  and fall principle the antis use against us so well ..we are our own worst enemy ..

Wouldn't say shooting men are against the hunt but I wound say they don't care a less about it. The places I follow the hunt are where I Ferret and Forage and the farmers give me the nod when they are going to meet. In the last few years the keepers of the shoots have taken all the Foxes out. You don't even smell one now. The farmers are right pissed not just because they're hunting is totally f**k but they are over run with over stocked Pheasants hammering their kale and swede crops. Some have started having days shooting them where as they would have never touched them before. Iv'e mooched out over these farms for over 55 years and never have I seen it devoid of Foxes not even when there pelts were worth money. I'm sure the keepers are just going were ever they like with the night vision not like old time when you could see a lamp going around. They don't wan't the hounds going through the covers so do every thing to f**k it up imo. We used to fit in together now it's as long as I'm alright.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 2
55 minutes ago, Arry said:

Wouldn't say shooting men are against the hunt but I wound say they don't care a less about it. The places I follow the hunt are where I Ferret and Forage and the farmers give me the nod when they are going to meet. In the last few years the keepers of the shoots have taken all the Foxes out. You don't even smell one now. The farmers are right pissed not just because they're hunting is totally f**k but they are over run with over stocked Pheasants hammering their kale and swede crops. Some have started having days shooting them where as they would have never touched them before. Iv'e mooched out over these farms for over 55 years and never have I seen it devoid of Foxes not even when there pelts were worth money. I'm sure the keepers are just going were ever they like with the night vision not like old time when you could see a lamp going around. They don't wan't the hounds going through the covers so do every thing to f**k it up imo. We used to fit in together now it's as long as I'm alright.

Cheers Arry

I have seen a big incline of pheasants around my area. Even syndicates now seem to put down a minimum of 1000 birds. Gone of the days we’re people was happy to shoot a dozen in the day. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

Yet the farmers are still keen to draw the shooting rent , years back we had the shooting on a farm of a great hunting farmer , we got that at sensible price ,but only on the condition we didn’t touch the foxes which worked well for eight years until the old boy died and the son took over , his only interest was money , soon as our lease come up he advertised it in the shooting times and was deluged with offers miles above what we could pay ..the rest of the story is as above …

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, sussex said:

Yet the farmers are still keen to draw the shooting rent , years back we had the shooting on a farm of a great hunting farmer , we got that at sensible price ,but only on the condition we didn’t touch the foxes which worked well for eight years until the old boy died and the son took over , his only interest was money , soon as our lease come up he advertised it in the shooting times and was deluged with offers miles above what we could pay ..the rest of the story is as above …

Thats what I was trying to get across we all used to fit in mainly. The farmers I'm talking about were hunting people who I've known all my life and the father who have past on. Would let me ferret walk around with the gun if I wanted knock over a pheasant or two a ducks or a goose. The people that own the big shoot are my friends too but I see it getting strained these days by no give and take no you scratch my back I'll scratch yours. The hunting farmers are getting fed up there sport has been taken away and the birds are becoming a problem. I can see them now starting to let the farm hands and them them selfs starting up shoots and maybe even selling the shooting in the future. The keepers seem more fanatical in eliminating every fox it all used to blend together. There are more and more bird being put down to attract more and more money clients and it is working but no live and let live. imo.

Cheers Arry 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, sussex said:

A good point sussex. The type of game shooter that I was referring to are men like myself who were not born into rural communities or brought up as countrymen but unlike myself have had no exposure or experience of "county sports" until being drawn to shooting. The type, again broadly speaking, who have exchanged golf clubs for shotguns and when the time has been appropriate replaced the family Labrador x Poodle for a straight Lab, often part or fully trained. The pockets of some of these types of shooter run deep. Despite the fact that they have embraced shooting I have come across individuals that still have the urban attitude to fox hunting that has been indoctrinated into them. " Bloodthirsty Hooray Henry's tear arsing around the countryside letting packs of dogs rip innocent foxes to pieces". 

The opposite of that would be the wife of a friend of mine. When they met she was a vegetarian, in fact still is. She grew up with strong feelings on animal welfare. Animal welfare possibly being a different thing to animal rights. Shortly after they moved in together my friend was temporarily detained at Her Majesty's pleasure. As soon as I heard about this I went to take his two hob ferrets so there would be one less thing for him to worry about. Turned out there was no need as his new wife had already taken a liking to the ferrets even so far as getting leads for them to take on walks. She became known locally as "ferret girl".

Everything soon got back to normal but she started to accompany my mate, and now him and their son on ferreting trips. She wont kill a rabbit but works the ferrets, sets nets and helps gut and skin the catch as well as cooking rabbit and other game for her lads, even though she herself still does not eat meat.

I don't expect everyone to want to participate in country sports and it would be a nightmare if that happened (always been hard enough to get permission as it is) but the thing that annoys me is people's reluctance to question their beliefs and the validity of the information that has been given to them and not be open to the idea that not everything that they have been told is correct in regard the management of this beautiful little island that we live on.

Is there not an old quote "God bless the little foxes, and save them from their friends" ?

Edited by eastcoast
  • Like 2

It wasn't written into the will as a legal requirement....only a wish so that's how they banned staghounds while it was still legal. Our organisations should of fought it better at the time rather than capitulating 

• Like 1
On 29/11/2021 at 17:47, Welsh_red said:

262951315_863327540970173_87792301978904

I think a similar thing happened with Beatrix Potter in regard to part of her estate in the Lakes that she left to the NT.

I do not remember the detail but sure that she even though she did not hunt herself had no problem with local hunts on her land when she was alive but the NT stopped it.

On 29/11/2021 at 17:47, Welsh_red said:

262951315_863327540970173_87792301978904

Farmers used to be able to graze cattle on Holnicote all year round as left in the deeds. But surprisingly there was a fire and the paper work got burnt so the cattle wasn’t aloud to graze no more. Nt know how to play the game. There moorland is very bracken infested compared to other parts of the moor managed by farmers and not uni graduates