no more hunts on national trust

13 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Spot on, hunting has no leadership now. The MFHA as buried its head in the sand for years. Same as the CA.

James Barcley of This Is Hunting has said 'every effort must now be made to engage with an ever enquiring public'... Which right now is simply shutting the stable door after the horse has well and truely bolted..!

That was what was needed after the marches, near 20 years ago, when we all stood shoulder to shoulder and had strength in numbers. But it was all too easey to throw coursing (and lurcherwork) under the bus to save their own skins and go back to quaffing Pimms in the guarded gentlemens clubs of Whitehall...

Was not able to "like" this post but ?

• Like 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the problem is that most people are thick. They are born with a brain but in the most part do not use it. I know people who hunt but do not shoot. Others that shoot but do not hunt. Some

At the moment your right Wilf, but when the shooting , starting with grouse and driven game then on to recreational shooting and stalking , has been stopped , the natural progression will be angling .

…..and when all the other field sports are gone all that will be left are the car parks where the fishermen parked before the fishing ban …?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Well deserved ban imho 

The MFH not only shot themselves in the foot they shot every other field sports supporter as well ..their arrogance is unbelievable their stupidity even more so …

• Like 4

Fishing is going nowhere, it’s the biggest participator sport in the country and the revenue is gigantic !

The antis tried their hand on the bank 35 odd years in the pre mobile phone days and got ironed out ! 

Id say the biggest threat to coarse Stillwater anglers is developers !

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

Fishing is going nowhere, it’s the biggest participator sport in the country and the revenue is gigantic !

The antis tried their hand on the bank 35 odd years in the pre mobile phone days and got ironed out ! 

it will be going uk in that new law about dogs have just found crabs etc have feeling can feel pain so they will be getting protected wilf 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

it will be going uk in that new law about dogs have just found crabs etc have feeling can feel pain so they will be getting protected wilf 

I don’t know many anglers that fish for crabs mate ! Lol ? 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

?crabs will be the start mate soon it will be fish 

That avenue has been explored quiet heavily by the anti brigade mate but it’s a hard one for them to pull off on a creature that has to use it’s mouth for everything and is sucking in/blowing out sharp objects every day of its existence.

In fairness to angling, they screwed their loaf and got massively in front of the antis on the welfare side of stuff as well before they could even bring the issue up……respect for quarry is a big thing.

Edited by WILF
43 minutes ago, WILF said:

Id say the biggest threat to coarse Stillwater anglers is developers !

At the moment your right Wilf, but when the shooting , starting with grouse and driven game then on to recreational shooting and stalking , has been stopped , the natural progression will be angling .Using the successful   divide and conquer technique , first it will be the perceived rich end , game fishing , that will start the ball rolling , after that it’s sea and course ..thankfully I’ll be long gone but anyone that thinks the anti brigade will stop once shooting has been abolished is only kidding themselves ..

• Like 8
1 minute ago, sussex said:

At the moment your right Will , but when the shooting , starting with grouse and driven game then on to recreational shooting and stalking , has been stopped , the natural progression will be angling .Using the successful   divide and conquer technique , first it will be the perceived rich end , game fishing , that will start the ball rolling , after that it’s sea and course ..thankfully I’ll be long gone but anyone that thinks the anti brigade will stop once shooting has been abolished is only kidding themselves ..

I agree with that summary mate, the battle will be ongoing for sure.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, WILF said:

I don’t know many anglers that fish for crabs mate ! Lol ? 

I guess you have heard of peeler crabs Wilf a very big bait for sea anglers. When I was keen I had 500 crab pots for peeling shore crab just bits of gutter ridge tiles stuck in the mud a 45%. What if they then ban all live baits no worm, no maggots, no sand eels. They keep chipping at the edges till it's all gone same as hunting with dogs no packs then no dogs taking any game. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Arry said:

I guess you have heard of peeler crabs Wilf a very big bait for sea anglers. When I was keen I had 500 crab pots for peeling shore crab just bits of gutter ridge tiles stuck in the mud a 45%. What if they then ban all live baits no worm, no maggots, no sand eels. They keep chipping at the edges till it's all gone same as hunting with dogs no packs then no dogs taking any game. 

Cheers Arry

This is the thing I dig clams on a holiday beach because that is where they are. Only matter of time before before they stop bait collecting on that beach and then else where. Next thing you will need a licence nibble nibble 

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1