no more hunts on national trust

43 minutes ago, sussex said:

…..and when all the other field sports are gone all that will be left are the car parks where the fishermen parked before the fishing ban …?

oh i know that will happen, issue is no  field sport will support the others. we are doing this to ourselves and less be honest this ban on NT land has been bought on by hunts , theyve done it to themselves

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the problem is that most people are thick. They are born with a brain but in the most part do not use it. I know people who hunt but do not shoot. Others that shoot but do not hunt. Some

At the moment your right Wilf, but when the shooting , starting with grouse and driven game then on to recreational shooting and stalking , has been stopped , the natural progression will be angling .

…..and when all the other field sports are gone all that will be left are the car parks where the fishermen parked before the fishing ban …?

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, sid g said:

thats well known but --- The National Trust has banned trail hunting on its land because bosses fear 'the reputational risk' of allowing packs to continue.

because they know they arent trail hunting, why would they allow people to openly break the law on there land ?

• Like 1

Nearly every week fieldsports are losing ground this has just come one FB from Scottish basc. Just relentless and few more years there will be nothing

BREAKING: Scottish Government considers ban on snares.
⚠ An exchange in the Scottish Parliament today has suggested that the Scottish Government's imminent review of snaring will give consideration to a statutory ban.
19 minutes ago, terryd said:

Nearly every week fieldsports are losing ground this has just come one FB from Scottish basc. Just relentless and few more years there will be nothing

BREAKING: Scottish Government considers ban on snares.
⚠ An exchange in the Scottish Parliament today has suggested that the Scottish Government's imminent review of snaring will give consideration to a statutory ban.

The Greens are in bed with the SNP and this is where it’s come from. It’ll be one of the conditions made before they joined up with them I’ll bet. You scratch my back type of thing. They’ll repay the SNP when they need support to get something through. It stinks but unless we get off our arses and do something, it’ll only go one way. The country is f****d, full of bedwetters and snowflakes. In the future people will be living in a virtual reality world and eating plants. It’ll look like a planet of the apes film

• Like 5

Another example of a war being lost. Rural Britain should be a place of recreation for the hard working urban population. Perhaps an affordable means of personal transport could be designed and built, along the lines of a VW Beetle or a Trabant or a rickshaw to take the workers into the playground? And we will buy the things that we used to produce at home from other countries, our friends, who love us and are not pissing themselves laughing and rubbing their hands. And coal? Damned shame we don't have billions of pounds of the stuff under our feet. 

7 hours ago, cragman said:

The Greens are in bed with the SNP and this is where it’s come from. It’ll be one of the conditions made before they joined up with them I’ll bet. You scratch my back type of thing. They’ll repay the SNP when they need support to get something through. It stinks but unless we get off our arses and do something, it’ll only go one way. The country is f****d, full of bedwetters and snowflakes. In the future people will be living in a virtual reality world and eating plants. It’ll look like a planet of the apes film

People eating plants?

Perish the thought 

I'd be beside myself if I witnessed folk munching away on cabbage and broccoli etc 

?‍♂️

14 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

MFHA decided they needed a meeting to discuss shit everyone actually doing it has known for 15 years.

Utter moronic behaviour from the leadership, entirely their fault and naive as f**k.

Cant blame a terrier man or hunt staff for this one.

Spot on, hunting has no leadership now. The MFHA as buried its head in the sand for years. Same as the CA.

James Barcley of This Is Hunting has said 'every effort must now be made to engage with an ever enquiring public'... Which right now is simply shutting the stable door after the horse has well and truely bolted..!

That was what was needed after the marches, near 20 years ago, when we all stood shoulder to shoulder and had strength in numbers. But it was all too easey to throw coursing (and lurcherwork) under the bus to save their own skins and go back to quaffing Pimms in the guarded gentlemens clubs of Whitehall...

1 hour ago, Bosun11 said:

Spot on, hunting has no leadership now. The MFHA as buried its head in the sand for years. Same as the CA.

James Barcley of This Is Hunting has said 'every effort must now be made to engage with an ever enquiring public'... Which right now is simply shutting the stable door after the horse has well and truely bolted..!

That was what was needed after the marches, near 20 years ago, when we all stood shoulder to shoulder and had strength in numbers. But it was all too easey to throw coursing (and lurcherwork) under the bus to save their own skins and go back to quaffing Pimms in the guarded gentlemens clubs of Whitehall...

And now who gets all the media attention. It ain’t the lads with the sight hounds or terriers. 

I posted words very similar some time ago on similar thread.

Back when they were debating the ban on hunting I was a very keen sea angler on club committees and Wyvern committee thats south west division of the NFSA. I proposed that anglers support hunting quoting "together we stand divided we fall" of course I just got ridiculed. At the time I forecast we would all get picked off one by one and it's happening. Shooting and Angling will be the last standing imo but they will make it harder and hard more and more restriction on lead what you can and can't shoot etc etc. Think in the end Angling will be the last to go but again more and more restrictions. It's a slippery slope and unfortunately I can't see it changing maybe slowed but not stopped.

Sorry for the doom and gloom lads just the way I see it. Think I was lucky in the time I lived.

Cheers Arry 

• Like 6
7 hours ago, sid g said:

i`ve always said it the hunts are top of the tree once they`ve gone everything else will follow , 

When the top of the tree stops growing upwards and only gets bigger by growing outwards then eventually the base will fail to support it and the whole tree will come crashing down.