Hearing Aids!

12 minutes ago, dytkos said:

f***ing hell Ray how bigs your living room? ? 10 foot from the box lol I'm about 4 foot away and that's a 50 incher lol 

Cheers, D.

Here are Dave, 20ft length, 10ft wide. Plenty big enough for feckin spiders to hide lol

IMG_20211123_210053.jpg

IMG_20211123_210228.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sussex said:

What ones have you got Ken?

I've got two sets here. " Signia " and " Siemens ". I had the Siemens in, today. They worked fantasticly.

I've just tried the others, as I typed. I much prefer the smaller, Really Soft(!!!) buds. But, in that brief moment, before my phone rang and I had to rip them out; Dunno. Maybe they need adjusting yet? Nothing like as good, 'out of the box'.

But, yeah, getting a set and Hearing again?! Fukk, yeah!!! So much that people take for granted. And We don't realise we've lost it, because it creeps up on us and we normalise it.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I've got two sets here. " Signia " and " Siemens ". I had the Siemens in, today. They worked fantasticly.

I've just tried the others, as I typed. I much prefer the smaller, Really Soft(!!!) buds. But, in that brief moment, before my phone rang and I had to rip them out; Dunno. Maybe they need adjusting yet? Nothing like as good, 'out of the box'.

But, yeah, getting a set and Hearing again?! Fukk, yeah!!! So much that people take for granted. And We don't realise we've lost it, because it creeps up on us and we normalise it.

I’ve got the Siemens ones , my pal over here has just bought the latest ones about €5000  , which has prompted me into thinking about updating my ones .His have got the new directional option so if your  in a crowded room or bar they can cut out a lot of the background noise ,they have settings for all manor of other scenarios  plus Bluetooth so you can do phone calls and all manor of shit with them , I’m just a bit loath to part with the 5k given the ones I’ve got are pretty good ..

• Like 1

@bird I wonder if yours might need a good clean out, mate?

Mine were completely fukked. I visually inspected them. Really peered into them. Then, I soaked the tubes and plugs in Isopropyl alcohol. Dug them around with a cocktail stick. The works.

Obviously, although I know they'd wear a mask and rubber gloves, I couldn't bear the thought of anyone finding a trace of my ear way anywhere on them!

Came back, today, with a note explaining they were blocked with wax(?!? ?) and enclosing what looks like a length of blue coloured fuse wire! That apparently, is to clean the tubes out with?! FFS!

My point being, mate: Blockages make them useless. And, we mere mortals have No Chance of even Seeing such a blockage! Let alone clearing it ~ without fuse wire.

Maybe they use a chemical? Maybe, as my mate suggested, our wax gets in there in its liquid state? It's probably 'clear' then and Would be murder to spot ~ especially with our ageing and untrained, naked eyes.

Wonder if there's any kit / agents available, on line? Maybe something like " Oxy-Nigga "?

34 minutes ago, bird said:

Here are Dave, 20ft length, 10ft wide. Plenty big enough for feckin spiders to hide lol

IMG_20211123_210053.jpg

IMG_20211123_210228.jpg

Get A £30 sound bar off Amazon, mines a "Majority" brand, sound is a lot crisper ? East to set up, even for us oldies + makes a big difference.

Oh, and sit closer to the telly ? or get a bigger one.

3 minutes ago, sussex said:

I’m just a bit loath to part with the 5k given the ones I’ve got are pretty good ..

Jesus! I guess it's as much as anything down to how much use ye'll get out of them, man? And how au fait you are with all this " Blue Tooth " and phone type shit. (I honestly don't even know what BT is. I just see people talk about it)

One thing I'll share? These stupid fukking masks, man!!! They'll loose ye a thousands of pounds hearing aid in no time!!! Dunno how you're getting on?

I went in the supermarket, today. Put the paper towel on. That was 'Fun'!

Had absolute fukking Murders getting it back Off again, without it flicking my aids across the dark fukking car park!!! :censored:

Nipped into the pharmacy, to buy them some new batteries? Hands full. Aids in. I just sort of vaguely held the shitty paper towards my faces general direction.

Fukk me; There was no one else in this Big, spacious shop. And the two girls at the end are behind an eight foot high perspex wall, with a pokey little hatch, low down.

Pharmacist maybe read me? But, she had the sense not to say a fukking word!  Perspex or not.

But, yeah; Elastic Vs. Hearing Aid? No contest.

9 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Jesus! I guess it's as much as anything down to how much use ye'll get out of them, man? And how au fait you are with all this " Blue Tooth " and phone type shit. (I honestly don't even know what BT is. I just see people talk about it)

One thing I'll share? These stupid fukking masks, man!!! They'll loose ye a thousands of pounds hearing aid in no time!!! Dunno how you're getting on?

I went in the supermarket, today. Put the paper towel on. That was 'Fun'!

Had absolute fukking Murders getting it back Off again, without it flicking my aids across the dark fukking car park!!! :censored:

Nipped into the pharmacy, to buy them some new batteries? Hands full. Aids in. I just sort of vaguely held the shitty paper towards my faces general direction.

Fukk me; There was no one else in this Big, spacious shop. And the two girls at the end are behind an eight foot high perspex wall, with a pokey little hatch, low down.

Pharmacist maybe read me? But, she had the sense not to say a fukking word!  Perspex or not.

But, yeah; Elastic Vs. Hearing Aid? No contest.

Elastic v hearing aids ..? ..for some unknown reason one side will always become tangled , left or right ,pound to a pinch of shit one aid has to come out to get the mask off …but then throw glasses into the equation and the potential is there for serious cockups ..I need a set of ears the size of fukking dumbo to hold the job together ! ..

Bluetooth …I’m just about able to connect things , I’ve just bought a set of headphones that connect to the tv / iPad etc which help a fair bit . Watching tv was a nightmare , unless I had my head pressed to the screen I could make out more than ten percent of what was being said and my Mrs was pissed of looking at the back of my head .The trouble with the ordinary aids is they amplify all sound , which means the range of hearing you haven’t lost is amplified as well , the better the aids the more they will amplify just  the range you have lost and allow you to adjust them for different situations ..my pal , who like me is pushing seventy and as bad at tech related shit as me , recons they are simple to operate from his phone ( the girl at the hearing centre put the app on his phone ) .On a one to ten scale for being tec savvy I’m a two at best ..

edited to mention batteries …every person you know , every house , pub , club , building , every vehicle should have a spare packet because they will be needed at some point ! ..I carry two on my car keys at all times , except when I forget to replace them ..the times my wife has come to the rescue I can’t tell you .She has a packet in every handbag , coat and purse ..given each battery lasts a week you wouldn’t think it was that difficult to remember …it is .good luck with them , I’d be lost without mine ..

• Like 1

I'm after been checked out and in need of hearing aids,I've severe tinnitus,and went for a fitting and with my grant I have to pay 2k ......I'm lost in social situations,in a crowd or noise filled places,I can't pick up anything...but the hissing sound in the ears is the bloody worst part...I have Alexa by the bed and put on music or storm sounds just to avert my attention from the hissing....after X mass I might take a loan out and get a pair of aids,but I just hope they work after all that

20 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I'm after been checked out and in need of hearing aids,I've severe tinnitus,and went for a fitting and with my grant I have to pay 2k ......I'm lost in social situations,in a crowd or noise filled places,I can't pick up anything...but the hissing sound in the ears is the bloody worst part...I have Alexa by the bed and put on music or storm sounds just to avert my attention from the hissing....after X mass I might take a loan out and get a pair of aids,but I just hope they work after all that

You can normally try them out for a week jig , depending where you get them you can also try different makes , some work better depending how bad your hearing is ..

Like you I have chronic tinnitus , another joy of not looking after the hearing we got free ! 

2 hours ago, sussex said:

You can normally try them out for a week jig , depending where you get them you can also try different makes , some work better depending how bad your hearing is ..

Like you I have chronic tinnitus , another joy of not looking after the hearing we got free ! 

I went to spec savers for my hearing test,both ears are bad,and the proof is the daughter coming down the stairs at night telling me to turn the fukin telly down,lol....3 k for a pair of heating aids is mental money and they have to be replaced every 4 years,....I remember in the pub a few years back,a bloke in our company called me a grumpy fecker as I wasn't laughing at his jokes,lol I had to explain to him I couldn't make out a word he was saying,....I now avoid big crowds or gatherings,it ain't worth the annoyance and frustration to others

• Like 2

Jig; It's a double edged sword, mate. When ye pub has the local buffoon, one who Roars with laughter at his own 'jokes' ~ which seem to occur about every fukking sentence out of his mouth! It's a blessing. Whip the aids out and slip back into your own little world! ;)

Sussex: Batteries? I threw out Two Packs of the fukking things, after trying them in my aids and deciding They must be duff! Never dreamed my brand new aids could fukk up, basically about on day one.

I spent last night on Amazon. Searching for nice things for us deaf boys. Not a lot out there! :( Got my eye on one or two carrying cases. Handy in case of The Joker. Or me deciding to take them out to put a piece of paper on my face.

" Dehumidifiers " look like about as much a joke as bits of paper. Especially at around the fifty quid mark, for a little, plastic box with fukking holes in! How are my things mean't to get " Humid " in the first place?!

Plenty of fuse wire though. On little handles. Probably grab a pack of them. Bound to fukk up the one sample piece they've sent me.

What's with these " Wax Filters " though??? Anyone explain how the fukk They work, please?

Good this, isn't it? Bunch of deaf old kunts sitting round a table. Fiddling with our ears and roaring to each other! ?

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

" Dehumidifiers " look like about as much a joke as bits of paper. Especially at around the fifty quid mark, for a little, plastic box with fukking holes in! How are my things mean't to get " Humid " in the first place?!

Plenty of fuse wire though. On little handles. Probably grab a pack of them. Bound to fukk up the one sample piece they've sent me.

What's with these " Wax Filters " though??? Anyone explain how the fukk They work, please?

Good this, isn't it? Bunch of deaf old kunts sitting round a table. Fiddling with our ears and roaring to each other! ?

Dehumidifiers …you can get a little box with a sponge type thing , it’s a couple of quid , to stick the things in overnight , the humidity ( damp ) comes from sweat , avoid getting the bloody things wet ..

wax filters , wax traps , presuming you have the same aids as me , the little plastic bubble that goes in your ear comes off , the little white …..fcuk it ..ask the firm selling them to give you a demo , trying to talk someone through it will leave more questions than answers ..the fcuking money they charge they should come round once a month and do it all for you , and clean the car while their there …

welcome to the deaf club ..?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, sussex said:

Dehumidifiers …you can get a little box with a sponge type thing , it’s a couple of quid , to stick the things in overnight , the humidity ( damp ) comes from sweat , avoid getting the bloody things wet ..

wax filters , wax traps , presuming you have the same aids as me , the little plastic bubble that goes in your ear comes off , the little white …..fcuk it ..ask the firm selling them to give you a demo , trying to talk someone through it will leave more questions than answers ..the fcuking money they charge they should come round once a month and do it all for you , and clean the car while their there …

welcome to the deaf club ..?

Screenshot_20210121-191014_Gallery.jpg

• Haha 2