Hearing Aids!

Got mine back. They'd blocked and stopped working, years ago. Now, it's like the first time.

It's fukking freaking me the fukk out here! I have them in, just to trial them for fitting / feeling. Fukking Noise is incredible though! Like; What clever kunt ever decided it was a good idea to install a £350.00 Pond Filter in the corner of the room? It sounds like The Strib's passing through here!

And these dogs! Walking. Scratching. Biting. I'm used to sitting here like my ears are under water. Cocooned in a world of fluffy silence.

I swear to god; If that fukking alarm goes off, when I've got these things in? I Will shit my trousers, as I clear the fukking room!

Can't wait to hear a human voice ~ see what it's like to hold a conversation! :icon_eek:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Arry said:

Pardon 

seriously though think I should sort some myself.

:icon_eek: Arry, for fukk sake Do!!! (Oh, hang on, mate. I'd thought to play with the volume controls, earlier. Wanted to try watching film without subtitles? Now, the sounds of the room are absolutely fukking Deafening Me!!! ?)

Seriously though. If ye get a chance to 'try before ye buy'? I'll bet it'll completely wreck your head, how much ye missing.

It's not like glasses. We look at something and can't make it out? " Oh. I need glasses! ". But, when ye simply no longer aware of the subtle sounds around ye? How are ye to Know what ye not Hearing?!

Living in silence is generally ok, for the likes of me. But, for a 'normal' person? I really wouldn't recommend it. And you could well be doing so, to a greater or lesser degree. Certainly worth looking into it :good:

Forty for eyes. Fifty for ears. Sixty? Arse! Not a bad rule of thumb ;)

Its when I'm in a pub with a babble of noise or a extract fan going I struggle. It's just getting around to doing something about it. Also I've Tinnitus had it for about forty years some muppet fired a 12 bore next to my ear while out lamping foxes.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Arry said:

Its when I'm in a pub with a babble of noise or a extract fan going I struggle. It's just getting around to doing something about it. Also I've Tinnitus had it for about forty years some muppet fired a 12 bore next to my ear while out lamping foxes.

Cheers Arry

I,m much the same mate but without the tinnitus I,m ok when one or two people are around but as soon as there is a group with more than one conversation going on I,m out, my misses says I,m not very social which suites me but in truth unless someone speaks direct to me I just on the outside and observe, but it’s surprising how much more I learn by watching folk than engaging with them ?

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Got mine back. They'd blocked and stopped working, years ago. Now, it's like the first time.

It's fukking freaking me the fukk out here! I have them in, just to trial them for fitting / feeling. Fukking Noise is incredible though! Like; What clever kunt ever decided it was a good idea to install a £350.00 Pond Filter in the corner of the room? It sounds like The Strib's passing through here!

And these dogs! Walking. Scratching. Biting. I'm used to sitting here like my ears are under water. Cocooned in a world of fluffy silence.

I swear to god; If that fukking alarm goes off, when I've got these things in? I Will shit my trousers, as I clear the fukking room!

Can't wait to hear a human voice ~ see what it's like to hold a conversation! :icon_eek:

What ones have you got Ken, I bought the all singing and dancing digital ones from specsavers about six years ago ,when walked out of the shop it was a wall of sound hitting you ,the clarity was unbelievable .Having lost about 60% of my hearing through a lifetime of being an idiot by working without hearing protection while using kango’s , nail guns etc and shooting full bore rifle and shotguns with fcuk all hearing protection , to walk out the shop and hear people talking yards away was mind blowing ..six years on and I’m probably due an update , the new ones have blue tooth ,rechargeable batteries , phone apps and no end of adjustments for different situation , the down side is they are a a tidy few quid ..

ps ..don’t get them wet it fcuks them up big time ..

16 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Old boy I know got £2K in his hearing aids ? 

Cheers, D.

Mine were about a hundred quid shy of £3k ..six years ago ..the new ones are £4plus ..the suppliers are having a proper earn out of them , you know it’s a good game when the likes of specsavers and boots are in it .The whole set up is a cartel , you can’t buy the major manufactures ones cheaper in any country , they are the same price across Europe , uk , and the states ..

Sadly for some of us it’s the price we have to pay for being stupid ..

As good as the new hearing aids are they are not a patch on the ones you get for free , look after them and you won’t need to iron out a fortune out on battery operated ones ..

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Old boy I know got £2K in his hearing aids ? 

Cheers, D.

And me Dave,  2k worth, 1k each ear, and tell something mate, even after this a fookin amount, it still wank, if watching telly, and I only say  10 feet from the box, I still have to ask my wife alot. of times what been said, it drives her feckin nuts, and telephone or. Mob talking a waste of time for me, it really bad. I be honest here mate, it had  major affect on my life, most times my wife as to deal with it, as carnt hear what being said, if my wife dies I be truly fooked big time, old age and what comes with it pure Hell deff ? 

• Like 1
Just now, bird said:

And me Dave,  2k worth, 1k each ear, and tell something mate, even after this a fookin amount, it still wank, if watching telly, and I only say  10 feet from the box, I still have to ask my wife alot. of times what been said, it drives her feckin nuts, and telephone or. Mob talking a waste of time for me, it really bad. I be honest here mate, it had  major affect on my life, most times my wife as to deal with it, as carnt hear what being said, if my wife dies I be truly fooked big time, old age and what comes with it pure Hell deff ? 

f***ing hell Ray how bigs your living room? ? 10 foot from the box lol I'm about 4 foot away and that's a 50 incher lol 

Cheers, D.