Outdoor Toilets In Winter.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could you imagine if the youth of today had to use the outdoor toilet at the bottom of the garden? Break the ice before you go and the ripped up newspapers on the nail. Its bad enough when t

That toilet paper was about as bad as using a crisp bag one slip and it was right up your back,lol wf

Used stay with my Gran sometimes she had an outside loo round the back up some steps right up the top of the garden and that was a fare old slope. It was not like the toilet bowl we have now it was li

Posted Images

Nothing worse than going back somewhere Furg 18 months after they moved in?,because some mongo forgot to connect up the internal drainage to a  manhole outside......breaking out 900mm of concrete...the smell of shit gets stronger...until you hit the mother load ...I love my job?987705356_Screenshot_20211123-1811492.png.f12290a4bd4ef94ffdf6406ec760e29a.png184687286_Screenshot_20211123-1810382.png.87aa5c6e040e085c4a457c6b24bc743c.png78891614_Screenshot_20211123-1810442.png.318fe13436545e9c1be0858d7ae92347.png

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

Down the yard. Outside long dropper next to the coal shed. Whitewashed walls and flag floor. Izal shiny roll and no light. Leave kitchen light on for a bit of guidance.

I've promised her a new bathroom soon.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

use to work with an old boy when I was younger, he lived in a chicken coup cos it was closer to the pub than his house!

all I ever saw him eat were boiled eggs ?

he was telling me about how he grew up on a tiny terrace in middle of nowhere and there was a 3 block of toilets at end of the garden with drop boxes,

can still remember the smile on his face when he was telling me about stinging peoples arses with nettles and running off ?

• Haha 2

Used stay with my Gran sometimes she had an outside loo round the back up some steps right up the top of the garden and that was a fare old slope. It was not like the toilet bowl we have now it was like a stone bench with a square of wood in the middle with a hole the shape they are now. But it was just like funnel with a little hole us kids didn't like it. Bloody great spiders in there door was 4 inches short top and bottom draughty as f**k with that tracing paper stuff if you were lucky if not it was squares of new paper threaded on that old hairy Woolworths string. In every room was a matching china jug and bowl full of water to wash. A china potty under every bed. Was a big old house converted into four dwelling and she was the only one that had an inside tap. The others had a tap outside their door all polished up. When I was a tacker she still had gas lights with two little chain hanging down all ways told never to touch the mantel. The place was all ways cold as f**k in the winter but love going to stay there.

Heres a photo not that good really quality. Me as kid with my family

1546698842_rosecottage.jpg.422037f23a3db43d171b5ebda88574e0.jpg

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 12

As a kid my gt aunt had an outside toilet, complete with strips of torn newspaper on a string. Upstairs she also had a very 'modern' advacado bathroom suite, in a pristene bathroom, complete with crocheid (spelling) loo roll covers in the shape of georgian ladies upstairs, that no one was allowed to use..! I remember spending the day there, all twisted up because i didn't want to wipe my arse with newspaper. Sometimes nature got the better of me and still i wonder how you are supposed to wipe clean with the Liverpool Echo. I'd always leave a bit 'muddy'. Long visits were hell...!

Then buying my first little house aged 19, it came with the classic outside bog and so, forced to use the thing till i could afford to have one plummed in, a lick of paint, new seat and soft loo roll made it a very pleasant experiance in the end. And the ultimate wake up call at 5am on a freezing morning. Truth be known, i missed it when it went...

This nations character was forged in the freezing outside privveys of yesterday.

Pity there ain't any around today.

• 3 weeks later...

can remember them well. my granddad still used the piss pot tucked under his bed right untill the house was modernised in the late 70s . he would go out to the local club on a fri / sat night and be up and down pissing in his pot. get up in morning and empty it outside. they had a parafin lamp going all winter to try and keep the outside bog from freezing up. all our school toilets were outside too. we had endless days off up here because the school bogs were froze. free milk at school then too. birds would peck the tops of the bottles to get at the milk then we were made to drink the milk. put me off milk for life. never liked it because of that 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 25/11/2021 at 18:36, Nicepix said:

What about those ground floor bathroom extensions stuck on the back of terrace houses? I had one that seemed to be colder than the lavvy down the yard! 

Which is what i replaced my old outside bog for and yep, it was f***ing freezing in winter...