No. I don't mean the internet meme. The real thing. Anyone else feed them to anything?

Only, I give them to my toad. He lives in here, with us. So he never experiences the lower temp's that would cause him to hibernate. Feeds year round. And, right now, in the 70's, it's cricket heaven. They, too, are extremely active in their big holding pen. Tons of them.

Of course, these days, we can get these Silent crickets. Used them for years now. Never know they're there.

Had to happen, didn't it? One night, skidding across the internet. Bookmark to the usual place. Glimpse image of a cricket. Vaguely register " Brown House Crickets ". Such and such a size. Blah, blah,blah.

Click for two boxes of them. Sit back. They arrive. In the pen and job done :)

Then, I lit the stove for the winter ..... Fukking Things!!! Doing my head in completely! Day and fukking night! And I have Loads of them! Months worth!

Checked my order. Yep. Word " Silent " isn't on there. Boy; Did I fukk up!!!

Only someone else who has fed crickets to anything will be able to fully appreciate this post / my pain :(

• Haha 4

I never knew it was only males! Fukking Things though!

Of course, I'm Doubly blessed now. Have a fukking great container of the poxy things, living like kings, up on my shelf. In there, or out here; Bloody things are getting on my tits!

Funny, isn't it? I'll bet Everyone, who first gets some crickets in, is fukking thrilled when the first one gets out and sets up residence behind the TV, or what ever.

Soon wears thin though, doesn't it?! :wallbash:

• Like 1

Unbelievable!!! Here we are, talking about errant insects? I spot a shadow moving, high on the wall.

Look up; Fukking great Wasp!!! :icon_eek: At twenty past nine at night?! Where the Fukk has That come from?!

Sprayed it a touch, just to bring it down (Without killing every cricket in the room!) Then, had to virtually fight the fukking dogs off as They all went for the kunting thing on the floor.

I'm having quite the fukking night, here :censored:

You dunna get any sleep ang on let me get the old violin out    you wanna come her kenneth    as you no I'm. A night person out with the foxes all hrs of the night I'm also in. Sheltered housing  eh nowt but debauchery folks coming and going in n. Out of other folks flats on. All fours gagging fer. Breath eh oh and u. Kept that turd quiet    when. Did u get that 

Stumf; I feed these crickets damn well before the toad ever sees them. Carrots and cuttlefish bone are todays menu. All scarfing away in there.

Must say, these 'new' water crystals are the absolute bollox, aren't they?! I keep a bottle lid topped up with them. Brown shits are for ever in amongst them. Beats drowning the lot in days!

• Like 1
On 22/11/2021 at 19:01, Ken's Deputy said:

No. I don't mean the internet meme. The real thing. Anyone else feed them to anything?

Only, I give them to my toad. He lives in here, with us. So he never experiences the lower temp's that would cause him to hibernate. Feeds year round. And, right now, in the 70's, it's cricket heaven. They, too, are extremely active in their big holding pen. Tons of them.

Of course, these days, we can get these Silent crickets. Used them for years now. Never know they're there.

Had to happen, didn't it? One night, skidding across the internet. Bookmark to the usual place. Glimpse image of a cricket. Vaguely register " Brown House Crickets ". Such and such a size. Blah, blah,blah.

Click for two boxes of them. Sit back. They arrive. In the pen and job done :)

Then, I lit the stove for the winter ..... Fukking Things!!! Doing my head in completely! Day and fukking night! And I have Loads of them! Months worth!

Checked my order. Yep. Word " Silent " isn't on there. Boy; Did I fukk up!!!

Only someone else who has fed crickets to anything will be able to fully appreciate this post / my pain :(

Just turn your hearing aid off. Job done. Sorted! 

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Just turn your hearing aid off. Job done. Sorted! 

That was Without my hearing aids, which only arrived today.

Oddly enough; I have them in now and can hear the crickets. But, I can also hear the filter and what ever the dogs do. It's not bothering me at all. Just background noises.

Maybe the crickets are at just that range that I can pick them up, thus I was hearing Only them, and it was driving me mad.

Waiting to try them out on a film, tonight! Wonder if I can watch a film again, without sub titles! That's be such a bonus!

8 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Not raw they don't ?

Even fried they taste like shit. 

I used to find the sound of crickets, cicadas and other night bugs soothing, great background music to fall asleep to.