He will learn by his mistakes

So when we arrive at the farm, Jimmy usually drives while I shoot out the jeep, so he let me use the Verminator and pard( safe to say I WILL be buying a pard) I saw a rabbit and took the first shot, saw the pellet whiz right between its ears and not even half an inch away from its dome, the jammy git! So with ever so slight adjustments and 2 shots later I was still missing, now this had me and Jimmy stumped as they should have been hitting, so on the 4th shot it ran back a bit but finally he dropped! It was around 37yards so my furthest shot so far!

For a lad getting used to mill dots, and hold over and under, knowing range is a massive help but we definitely need a range finder with a pard as it was impossible for me to gauge it.

Now the sad part of the night!

While grabbing my headlamp ready, I decided to place my NEW HW97 on the floor next to the boot, I then heard a horrible scraping sound and a "The Fu*k was that" I knew what had happened! When walking to the boot Jimmy didn't notice my rifle as I had put it in a stupid place and he had tripped on it. 

It is a hunting rifle and dings are to be expected( just not this soon) so now I ( or Bigmac will have to strip the stock completely and hopefully be able to keep how amazing it looks.

All in all its been a good night with not much around, although I am a bit gutted to not have been able to used the 97 as nothing was around. But it's time will come.

• Haha 2

Need a range finder lol

Did not see his rifle laying on the ground at the back of the jeep 

Stood on it and it just went slid away under foot 

I new strait away it would be marked it was laying on the gun bag but it slid off and across the gravel 

Any way I offered to sort it out but he wants to do it him self 

These things happen 

By the way Jay it was 3 shots not 4

You missed with the first two and got it on the 3rd strait in the napper lights out 

Using knock out slugs in 177 

They hit hard real hard I knew in an instant he had hit it in the kill zone by the sound of the slug hitting the head 

It is hard judging the distance if ur using nv with out a range finder 

I'll have to look into getting a new one 

As my old one went and Fecked up lol

Any way it was still a good night not much about but it may of had some thing to do with the full moon we had 

Atvbjimmy ???

Tipical rooky mistake Sean 

And it shows lol

Told him to leave it as is until he is more capable of learning to look after his gear 

He had to remove rust spots just the other day because he did not oil it after the last outing with it 

Deserves every thing he gets lol

But like the title says 

But the hard way 

Atvbjimmy ???

Just now, bigmac 97kt said:

Tipical rooky mistake Sean 

And it shows lol

Told him to leave it as is until he is more capable of learning to look after his gear 

He had to remove rust spots just the other day because he did not oil it after the last outing with it 

Deserves every thing he gets lol

But like the title says 

But the hard way 

Atvbjimmy ???

IMG-20211120-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20211120-WA0002.jpg

These things happen. I reversed over my trigger sticks the other week and didn’t even realise until I found them by accident the next day. Thought I’d put them in the truck, anyway, one of the legs was slightly bent, but it’s all ok now after a bit of work. They’re pretty tough to have sustained such slight damage.

2 hours ago, Dervburner said:

These things happen. I reversed over my trigger sticks the other week and didn’t even realise until I found them by accident the next day. Thought I’d put them in the truck, anyway, one of the legs was slightly bent, but it’s all ok now after a bit of work. They’re pretty tough to have sustained such slight damage.

Aye well that's it, first time anything like that's happened and probably won't be the last lol.

2 hours ago, JayB0 said:

Aye well that's it, first time anything like that's happened and probably won't be the last lol.

I wouldn't worry about it ! I remember damaging a stock on a brand new scorpion se ! It was at the same place on a stone planter,  the only time Jimmy was quite lol

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

That stock will be better than new when Jimmy’s done with it??

He is doing it him self Dev with my guidance I may add 

I did offer to do it 

But he wants to do it 

But iv just been told I'm doing the stain and the oiling of the stock lol

Atvbjimmy ???

3 hours ago, vizlauk said:

I wouldn't worry about it ! I remember damaging a stock on a brand new scorpion se ! It was at the same place on a stone planter,  the only time Jimmy was quite lol

Yerr got it new in the morning 

And Fecked it at night 

You should of seen his face 

I just turned and sayd well I'm away over hear see you back at the jeep later lol

It was marked deep real deep 

It's only a hunting gun anyway he sayd 

But his face sayd different 

And that was just the start of it with that rifle 

Think it went back to bsa twice to be sorted out action wise any way 

Not the stock Sean sorted that out him self 

Shit happens nothing you can do about it  but learn from it 

Atvbjimmy ???

• Like 1