Too much of nothing?

Tried my bitch at 10 months old lamping for the first time...she did well tbf...she didn't have another go for probably 6 months....if I'm honest she was  not really fully matured imo until she just turned 3...now she knows the craic and what's expected of her in the day and on the lamp,don't be in a rush with em,they are all different,how's she bred? My bitch was from 2 half X's ,big old unit so didn't rush her along like previous dogs ?at 10 months old she looked ready for most things....20190126_160307.jpg.bb4918b7e6c3725cde73076439de2304.jpg

• Like 4

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No pressure me owd bod ,chill out 10 month is young  , give her a break and try again  ,she be fine 

I remember being in the same position a lot of years ago. 12 month old bitch, one or two runs on the local fields most nights on rabbits that were more clued up than me with the lamping game. Then a o

Give her a month break don’t exercise her to much just keep her at her normal running weight take her out for very short walk on lead everyday just to empty, being rested for a good while can fire the

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

If a dog needs a dropper then it ain’t worth feeding. What a load of bollix. 

Just net holes and let it grab them in the purse nets. 

Aye because that's going to learn a dog how to catch a fleeing rabbit isn't it? 

If he's wanting it to experience the feel of mouthing them then fair enough. 

45 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Tried my bitch at 10 months old lamping for the first time...she did well tbf...she didn't have another go for probably 6 months....if I'm honest she was  not really fully matured imo until she just turned 3...now she knows the craic and what's expected of her in the day and on the lamp,don't be in a rush with em,they are all different,how's she bred? My bitch was from 2 half X's ,big old unit so didn't rush her along like previous dogs ?at 10 months old she looked ready for most things....

She mainly saluki x grey but other bits back in the line I believe. General advice seems to be get her out when we are ferreting so am gonna give her a break from the lamp and get her out with the ferrets. Hopefully get her grabbing them in the nets so she at least shoukd figure out what we are trying to do 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

Any dog worth feeding will catch a rabbit fair and square. The only people I heard of dropping are people I stay away from. 

There's always the last option. ?

And I agree, if your dog can't catch a rabbit at some point then it ain't worth  feeding. 

I know not all dogs are the same with the same opportunity but at 10 month old many are well on their way. 

Edited by Greb147
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv posted a lot more hunting stuff than you ever will you absolute pretender ?

luckily now the whole forum see’s you for the goon you are an laughs at you, not with you ?

You haven't you really haven't ya daft Jock. ?

The whole forum see that I own your ass and that's about it. ?

2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

If you've got ferrets take her ferreting, bolt em for her. 

If she still fails to catch net one up and release the thing further away from the hedge. 

If it still fails take a time out or if you're impatient knock it over the head. ?

For fuk sake don't mention dropping rabbits on here llf lol ? ? 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

For fuk sake don't mention dropping rabbits on here llf lol ? ? 

Don't want to upset the apprentice antis do we. ?

Tbf I just don't know why you would need to if you have a lamp and ferrets. 

The dogs not called Katchum by any chance is it? ?

Edited by Greb147

I'm sure everytime I comment on a thread or create a thread it's turns into a war of words between some folk. 

Thanks to you all that dropped some advice on here I shall as always take it in and continue on this experience with my pup.

Now please feel free to continue ribbing/slating or just generally hating on each other as it provides me with something interesting to read whilst I'm supposed to be working. 

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, scottpenn28 said:

I'm sure everytime I comment on a thread or create a thread it's turns into a war of words between some folk. 

Thanks to you all that dropped some advice on here I shall as always take it in and continue on this experience with my pup.

Now please feel free to continue ribbing/slating or just generally hating on each other as it provides me with something interesting to read whilst I'm supposed to be working. 

I'm sorry fella, I can't shake this stalker off, keeps on at me with the personal messages cos he's having the same problems as you, difference is this has been going on for decades. 

I don't know how to tell him that it's the retard holding the lead and not the dog. 

Just keep at it lad, if you're lamping and ferreting it's only a matter of time before it comes together. 

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Your closer than me, you take him out an get pup goin then?

thought as much ?

now no more from me?

Listen fella I've given you all the advice you need, just stop badgering me.

If you or Scott want to pay me to bring your dogs up to catching standard then I'll happily do that. 

No droppers will be needed, money back guarantee. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

It’s genuinely nowt against you, I just can’t bite me lip when folk with no dogs that don’t hunt try tell folk how to do stuff, an they doing it wrong. Keep at it, it will happen, an if your ever up this way with your dog drop me a message an I’ll sort out a few rabbits for it to catch?

I have no idea where "up this way" is but I'll hold you to that ?

I didnt believe it was anything against me, but I'm pretty sure the last time you were involved with a thread I commented on the lad upped and left ?

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Listen fella I've given you all the advice you need, just stop badgering me.

If you or Scott want to pay me to bring your dogs up to catching standard then I'll happily do that. 

No droppers will be needed, money back guarantee. 

I'll bare this in mind if I get too stressed with her ??

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, scottpenn28 said:

I didnt think the rabbits local to me had been lamped at all, but possibly mistaken, majority turn and run as soon as the low light even goes near them so definitely more clued up than I anticipated 

It's you that's shyed um up your at them every night ??

• Haha 1