Kept animals bill

37 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Just the antis chancing their luck with back door legislation. It might work but has always failed up till now.

Its coming though.

I think I’d be having more of a look at the Prime Ministers wife ;) 

Shes an animals rights nut……I don’t think old Cummings is too far wrong when he insinuates she is writing policy these days.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
39 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Just seen this.... another nail in the coffin ?

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Natural Resources Wales says it cannot be sure trail hunting will not be used as smokescreen for illegal activity

Seen Keswick has banned bleacathra from council land 

As all our  traditions die out..New cultures and traditions are born.

Sad..very sad lads..

The world's changing right in front us.

And there's f**k all we can do about it but teach our kids the traditions with learnt from our parents. 

Sad times men

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, WILF said:

I think I’d be having more of a look at the Prime Ministers wife ;) 

Shes an animals rights nut……I don’t think old Cummings is too far wrong when he insinuates she is writing policy these days.

Oh yeah for sure she’s one of them directing these attempts.

• Like 1

It's strange that only yesterday I  dropped round to a friend's who is also a gun nut just before the light went. About a year ago I  gave him a BIG stack of old shooting times.  Some of them going back to the late seventies. Recently he had been reading throught them and he said that the golden age for us was the early 80s towards 2000 and that we had, had the best of it.  He is a bit outrageous and shoots as much as he can.  All of my neighbours would be horrified if the knew A. That I had guns, B. That I had.... stocks of powder,  primers, ammunition,  shotguns and rifles.!!!!!!..... he must be some sort of terrorist AND is a danger to the general public. If they knew that I went hunting and shooting things they would probably set up a placard demonstration outside.  Long gone are the days when an old boy rode his pushbike through the village with a ratty old hammer gun wrapped in an old sack tied along the crossbar and maybe the dog trotting alongside.  And the old boys went in the pub with their shotgun and propped it up in the corner somewhere. No one took any offence or even gave it a second thought. Unlike recent times when a hilux of the keepers  was parked out front of the pub with a couple of slabs of cartridges in open view on the back seat. Some bright spark called the plod and two spotty boys came out and threatened the keeper with arrest for not having the cartridges in a safe somewhere. He advised them that they should seek advice about the storage of shotgun cartridges. The two boy plod crept off with their tails between their legs...  Still they can't take my memories of all of the shooting days. The light in the sky at evening duck flight. The cool wind and feeling of a bit of drizzle on the wind as we trudge back to the farm with the labs and spaniel.  Hopefully we can hold on until the grandsons are old enough to experience this.  Mahatma Gandhi  said  "You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind".

• Like 1

The situation that we now face is down to apothy from the sporting community and mainly the shooting organisations.  The time I  realised this was at a game fair when basic were there represented by a couple of Gillies and a young bloke who was more of a car salesman.  All they were interested in was trying to get people to take out a basic credit card.  When I did see someone who looked more like a country squire in a driven shoot than a bloke who went rabbiting and pigeon shooting.  All that occupied his attention was the new range rover is basic livery he was showing off to some other bloke that looked as if he had just come off peg.  They just didn't represent any sort flaunting or shooting.  Remember the London March years ago.  We turned out but the orgs didn't do anything constructive with this.  It is embarrassing that kwis can just run rings around them.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Meece said:

The situation that we now face is down to apothy from the sporting community and mainly the shooting organisations.  The time I  realised this was at a game fair when basic were there represented by a couple of Gillies and a young bloke who was more of a car salesman.  All they were interested in was trying to get people to take out a basic credit card.  When I did see someone who looked more like a country squire in a driven shoot than a bloke who went rabbiting and pigeon shooting.  All that occupied his attention was the new range rover is basic livery he was showing off to some other bloke that looked as if he had just come off peg.  They just didn't represent any sort flaunting or shooting.  Remember the London March years ago.  We turned out but the orgs didn't do anything constructive with this.  It is embarrassing that kwis can just run rings around them.

Organisations like the BASC think the way you defend your rights is to keep handing more of them over in a vain attempt to be “the good guy”…..their whole “defence” strategy has been to help the government take away more of their paying members rights, throw as many other hunters of various types under the bus as they can and hope the big nasty people in government and animal rights are satisfied !!

The madness is that an organisation no doubt staffed by people who have attended some of the best universities don’t grasp that these people will never be satisfied…..ever ! 

People like the BASC and CA etc are taking their members money under false pretences if they are hinting that they stick up for their members…..do they f**k, they can’t stab them in the back fast enough when PETA knock on the door !

The NRA and gun lobby in America may be a load of howling loathsome b*****ds (which they are !) but they know the score…..there’s lines in the sand and they stick to them regardless of what anyone thinks or however socially awkward it becomes.

Their stock answer is “f**k off !” and rightly so, it’s the only thing these people understand.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2