Winter at last

Ridiculously mild today. Wife got a week off went for a walk on the beach at Beesands and a pint. I was looking out the window of the pub and some guy walk past stripped off to the waist and just shorts, ffs its the middle of November.

Went ferreting week or so back did big ground burrow on the side of some steep ground after we did it said f**k this it's back mine for a cup of tea Lol too bloody hot. We were down to T shirts and sweating carrying all the gear bring on the frost.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2

I love all the seasons, but jan and feb are shit, have had enough by then and can’t wait for spring, main thing I like about the winter is the lack of solar powered wankers that seem to converge from everywhere April onwards, lanes full of Lycra clad fat blokes on bikes and fields and woods full of Florescent coated idiots with stupid uncontrollable dogs, even the canal is getting worse with paddle boarders but now it’s all mine again and I’m happy ? ??

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Greyman said:

I find it amazing when I see all these people buying those little net bags of logs, I cut up any old timber I find on site and any fallen trees I find on my walks with close enough vehicle access I just stop and chop them up have trees earmarked all over the place still haven’t fired up the heating once this year ?

Those net bags from the garages are a rip off. I’ll burn any thing as well mate I put a lot of site timber through mine it’s free??‍♂️Same as me mate I collect fallen stuff or if someone says there having a tree out I have it off em for the burner 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Think it's going to be a tough one for the wildlife around me with no beech mast no acorns and all the sweet chestnut has disappeared from the woodland floor i walk in every day and this morning i noticed there is no holly berries. I don't know what's it like in other parts of the country but its looking pretty lean around me this year.

Same here 

Been out fishing today. By  noon the coat was off, then the fleece leaving me in a T shirt. Frogs are  still about, damsel flies were mating and one kept coming onto my arm to rest. I could feel the down draught of its wings as it landed. It stayed over ten minutes. There was only one thing missing - fish!