Today P and I went out to walkup / hunt caper and blackgrouse in tops of the trees. It was a sunny day with almost no wind -8c a really perfect day. After only a short walk we saw a few Blackgrouses in a birch I took a shot with my Bergara rifle and I missed.....

We split up and after a short walk again I had a few blackgrouses flying to some trees ~300m away after a short stalk two of the birds flyed away so I tryed at the last one laying prone on a stump. Bang after the shot the bird flyed away with stiff wings damn what happened??? We made a search after it in the way it flew I only saw one blood drop in the snow....f**k ...We was on the way thinking it got lost but on the way back I finally found it running 10m from my earlyer foot prints.

blackgrouse.jpg

• Like 2

We took a break and had some coffe and sandwiches. When we beguinn to hunt again P saw a blackgrouse so we walked in that direction , then I saw a Capercaillie in a tree so we both beguinn to stalk it ohh it were two, P took the first shot and missed it I shot in the same time and missed mine but it still sat there in the top of the pine so I held the second shot higher and I saw it flap out with his wings, P had troubble to reload his mauser i was faster with my singleshot rifle. We made a search and I only found three feathers so P and I stood on different sides of a forest ditch to talk suddenly I saw it down in the water 4m from us.

tjäder i dike.jpg

tjä.jpg

• Like 3

Sunday today, P and I made a toppfågeljakt (hunt for birds in the top of trees) we walked in to the area over a hill  ~400m from the car we saw the first bird a blackgrouse it flew before we could stalk into range of it. We continued to walk out to a logged area with some pines still left on it a capercaillie flew up and sat in a pine 200m from me I shot it. Before we could walk to it we saw one more caper so P beguinned to stalk closer on it shot he shot several rounds with his rifle but it was still sitting there??? He asked me to shoot it so I did, again P saw a new caper in a pine he asked if we should shoot it I decided to do so and I got it to. After we found all bird we had coffe in the sunny but a little bit windy weather and walked home 11.00, saw two more capers but we think we had got enough for a day.

hygge.jpg

tallskog.jpg

Edited by KimE
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Today I had just skiied 400m before the first Capercaillie flew up from the ground it flew so I couldn`find it anymore. I continued farther away and a caper flew away from a pine, shit I didn"t see it befoere it flew, but I landed in the top of a pine 190m away from me, one more joined it in a different pine. I took rest with the rifle, suddenly a new caper flew in and sat in the pine the first flew from only 90m away from me a quick shange of target and I got it.

tjäder.jpg

tjäder5.jpg

• Like 4

I did a hunting trip yesterday did onlny see a blackgrouse and a hazelgrouse sunny weather -14c ha to ski slow to not be to warm. 

We have a low sun during the whole day sunset about 14.30.

hygge2.jpg

myr.jpg

Solnedgång.jpg

Solnedgång2.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...