F**k em

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunately true...? Facts are,.. whether a man and his running dawg are ultra polite and show the utmost respect,.. the Farming community (and the UK Law itself),.. will not allow the pursuit 

Criminal yeah, doesn't mean people don't have to have morals. What's right and wrong is different to legal and illegal in my eyes. Driving around across someone else's livelihood and treating your qua

What ever way you want to look at it...5/10/15 motors full of wankers,ripping up some ones field ,blocking the roads like that,playing up...is not hunting/sporting in any way ...then the fact that the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, OldPhil said:

Unfortunately true...

Facts are,.. whether a man and g=his running dawg are ultra polite and show the utmost respect,.. the Farming community (and the UK Law itself),.. will not allow the pursuit of Hares with gazehounds, to flourish...

So, as a one time rural rebel myself, I can understand men who say, 'feck you' and continue to indulge in their passion.

Such characters feel as though they have nothing to lose,.so they behave in the manner that they suppose they are meant to behave in.. In truth, they work darn hard at playing the part...?

Personally, I will always run, what I want to run,...life is too short to worry about the death of a mere hare or deer....

However, my preference is to walk quietly and never mob-handed, and ridiculously noisy?

I like to see a good jukel take out a wild critter ,...the competitive arena holds no attraction for me,...I like to walk slow,.. watch my back,.. and keep my council....Boring for those who crave company, I know,. but it has worked for me so far.

No point in changing things now...

Stay safe now lads,.. all the best, OldPhil.?

_MG_1998.JPG

Chuff me Phil that is the spit of my 3/4 collie cross that was handy on hares and I mean a clone, he was bred in 98.

3 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

The guy tweeting abut it is the editor of farmers weekly and there is an article in the magazine about it. Sadly this is the version of "hare coursing" that is presented to the farming community and this is what they believe all hare coursing is.

There was plenty of organised coursing with lurcher and sighthound clubs before the hunting act, there must be some farmers that have good memories of people using their land respectably, it's not all that long ago

• Like 5
36 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

There was plenty of organised coursing with lurcher and sighthound clubs before the hunting act, there must be some farmers that have good memories of people using their land respectably, it's not all that long ago

The soon forget specially now they got this new so called sport of lamping 2 contend wi 

as soon a driving over crops became the modus operandi, any tolerance of running dogs evaporated, it's about the only thing arable farmers agree on in the East. No doubt in my mind that if I didn't have ferrets I'd have no permission. In 2 weeks time I'm picking up a whippet for the first time since getting my first lurcher in 1979 and it's as part of an effort to show I'm only after rabbits ☹️ 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Black neck said:

The soon forget specially now they got this new so called sport of lamping 2 contend wi 

Is this sport of lamping we’re people stun poor defensive animals with a high power lamp so they can’t move then set dogs on them to  get pipped apart by the dogs ive heard of this so called sport of lamping on the tinternet an fb an I think it’s barbaric I’m not happy! 

• Haha 1

The problem is, people associate decent lurcher lads with these gypo scum…. It’s like associating the shooting fraternity with armed robbers, because they both use shotguns…. That’s about how similar we both are, but unfortunately people think the divide is much closer… 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

im just abit more awair these days i walk the fields alone .i do miss the organised coursing ,i loved a sunday frosty morning out on some big old land and watch the dogs run 1on 1 ,but hey im out every day dont allways see game to run  but thats the game ,the only damage i do to land is leave a few footprints ,thatll do for me ...

• Like 9