Working dogs in Spain ??

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning all,  I don’t come on here as often as I used to but thought I’d drop on and share some images from my current trip to Spain.  I am out here hunting and photographing various working do

The Podenco Paternino work more like a hound than the rehala dogs on my last trip. Instead of meandering along at pace pushing quarry these find scent and work the scent in a line etc. pick up the pac

Home today, unfortunately didn’t get my final day Rehala as it was cancelled due to rain. Instead visited the kennels of the Rehala president to see and discuss his dogs. we met on the Friday for

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Parabuteos lad said:

You not get a chance to do much hunting that way? Big Podenco / rabbiting area isn’t it? Fair bit of galgo interest towards Valencia / albacete too

Mainly boar round me. Valencia is a 4hour drive away ?

22 minutes ago, Parabuteos lad said:

Get yourself some alanos and befriend a Rehalero, I’ve got offers left right and center everyone seems really nice ?? 

It’s illegal in Spain now to free hunt with Alanos or any other bull or mastiff breeds. Obviously it’s still going on but it is illegal mate.