collies to date.

• Nickms changed the title to collies to date.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My bitch an a couple of pups . collie greyhound.

Cant fault this we acd x so far 

This is my most recent Australian addition...

Posted Images

Sire was pure collie. That's not the dam in the pics. She's off a few years of mostly collie crosses IV bred myself over the years but the collie that I like in mine is getting a bit diluted, The dam to these pups also has a bit of everything in them. Large amount of greyhound. Little bit of Saluki and collie in there. Just a handy little bitch. 

Edited by Nickms
Can't spell
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Lovely to see,.. just my cup of tea...?

Inshallah, there is still some time left, for me and a Collie, to walk the fields and woods together..?

Collie x Greyhound mating june 2006 060.jpg

Hello phil. Yes. They're some tidy pups you have there, wasn't it you that works cattle dogs? I haven't been on here for a few years.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

Smart pups mate I do like my merles I know some dont like but always my first choice dont know why as the colour doesn't make the dog just always had soft spot for them my last 4 dogs were  all blue merle

Imo. Merl's blend in well if there isn't to much white. Think some don't like the defective gene maybe?

IMG_20211107_151446~2.jpg

17 minutes ago, Nickms said:

Imo. Merl's blend in well if there isn't to much white. Think some don't like the defective gene maybe?

IMG_20211107_151446~2.jpg

Yea mate I dont like alot of white on the dog.think it stems from as a kid 1 of the old boys told me never get a white dog as there easily seen and its just stuck with me my mate had a white dog with just a black patch over its eye and was some dog but id never of picked it in a million years but was his first choice.everyone has different preferences 

10 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

Yea mate I dont like alot of white on the dog.think it stems from as a kid 1 of the old boys told me never get a white dog as there easily seen and its just stuck with me my mate had a white dog with just a black patch over its eye and was some dog but id never of picked it in a million years but was his first choice.everyone has different preferences 

Same. They say a good dogs never a bad colour but that would maybe depend on what permission you have.

1 hour ago, Nickms said:

Same. They say a good dogs never a bad colour but that would maybe depend on what permission you have.

I was thinking that when I saw the third of your original photos. It reminds me of one of those photos where you have to spot the leopard, giraffe, gecko etc.?

On 12/11/2021 at 12:12, Councilestatekid said:

Smart pups mate I do like my merles I know some dont like but always my first choice dont know why as the colour doesn't make the dog just always had soft spot for them my last 4 dogs were  all blue merle

Yeah, I'm of a similar mind set..?

I only do a wee bit of Mouching after the odd rabbit and Roe, so I don't really need much of a performance dog or high class jukel...

I just use a roustabout cur, and live in hopes? 

Certain colours attract me,..  don't know WHY,.. but, I stopped trying to figure it out, many years ago?

Spots or Speckles,...I find them all,...interesting....

Stay safe now lads,...kind regards, OldPhil.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, OldPhil said:

Yeah, I'm of a similar mind set..?

I only do a wee bit of Mouching after the odd rabbit and Roe, so I don't really need much of a performance dog or high class jukel...

I just use a roustabout cur, and live in hopes? 

Certain colours attract me,..  don't know WHY,.. but, I stopped trying to figure it out, many years ago?

Spots or Speckles,...I find them all,...interesting....

Stay safe now lads,...kind regards, OldPhil.?

File0097.jpg

Is this one of your ACD crosses? Looks a handy little kur. I bred a couple of ACD bitches a good few years ago. One to one of my heavy blood collie types. Another. To a nice big racey pedigree unknown. This one (out of collie lurcher) was strong an driven as they come but a nightmare round other dogs. A pup out the other went up north an excelled at the ferreting game.

FB_IMG_1636727656408.jpg

Edited by Nickms
?
  • Like 5