On 12/11/2021 at 17:17, Gypsydog94 said:

My rep isn’t the keenest to get members last time I asked he had 3 and didn’t even ask if I wanted to join. ??‍♂️

Hi gypsydog94 i have recently took over as the Cheshire/ east Lancashire fell and moorland rep and in last few months I have dug 2 dogs out alive.. if you are near me and wanting to join give me a message or any one wanting to join let me no ..like I said I have just took over and already have 16 members it's deffo worth a tenna lads cheers dan 

• Like 6

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a brief addition, but an important one.... The other alternative of course is to get together with a few friends and form a club of your own. It may seem a thankless task at times and a

Why not support both? not as if lads can’t afford a few quid these days. Brexit hasn’t starved ye “yet” ?   Correct me if I’m wrong but the Fell & Moorland is a working terrier organisation

If the past few weeks haven’t taught you what you can achieve by pulling together, instead of pulling each other apart, then sadly it was a missed opportunity. All you’ve done is wasted everyone else'

On 15/11/2021 at 18:16, stop.end said:

I think what he may have been pointing out to you was the fell and moorland are an amalgamation of terrier men individuals can join I pay my subscription to fell and moorland and I'm in Ireland..and there more so there to help terrier men if they get into a rescue situation with a terrier and they need a hand or a machine in doing legal fox control with a terrier. Where as the NWTF is an almalgamation of working terrier clubs all under one roof and they look after the politicians and government side of things and lobby against them and keep the fell and moorland and other clubs up to date and how to proceed going forward.

IWTF is mirrored the exact same way and have worked closely with a no more genuine, dedicated and hardworking TRUE TERRIERMAN Barrie Wade.. who would freely give up his time, experience and knowledge at any given time to keep terrier work legal and with a code of conduct this side of the pond when we were in very difficult times..that was 10 years ago now and we still lift the phone to him and he always answers..

As for all your other bit of the C.V. believe me corkman is as genuine and knowledgeable as they come..

Don't think he was being condescending at all.. more probably saying you and the few lads you dig with should start a club and join the NWTF also..that way your supporting 2 great terrier causes..and I can't remember now but I think club membership to the NWTF  about £25 Barrie can correct me if I'm wrong...?

So say 3 men 10 each...I know it's easy to read things the wrong way on here ... But he's definitely not a nonce either and that's just a silly thing to say when you riled up..I've stayed in his home a few times.. he's as genuine and dedicated and passionate about his terriers and keeping terrier work legal... very few are willing to put their many many thousands of hours of free time, to do meetings literature travel the country and our on expenses many hours for an hour meeting taking time off work to do it...not licking corkman or Wade's doughnuts.. just telling you they way they work.

Mark, tell me where the first meeting for the IWTF was? 
You organised it after all !!!

Who was there and who did you back stab? When them lads left.

Really nice introduction that was, to an IWTF, only you couldn’t see that because you couldn’t see past the fact Barry was there to judge a show the next day.No fault of his own, a guest and and gentleman. 

Wonder why terrier men have doubts, if you represent them in that way. 

Edited by THE GENERAL
15 hours ago, THE GENERAL said:

Really nice introduction that was, to an IWTF, only you couldn’t see that because you couldn’t see past the fact Barry was there to judge a show the next day.No fault of his own, a guest and and gentleman. 

General, I know by your posts you're a genuine digging man. But whatever went on in the past, will you ever give it a rest and let bygones be bygones. I love my hunting but I don't give up my time defending hunting and terrierwork, the way these boys do and I for one appreciate every effort these guys make. Are they perfect, maybe not, but who is? At least they're trying, which is a lot more that can be said for the majority of us. I don't know the men involved but forget the past and look to the future. Now more than ever, we need to unite to save our sport!!...ATB

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 19/12/2021 at 02:47, THE GENERAL said:

Edited by stop.end
Biting like a trout
48 minutes ago, Evil knievil said:

General, I know by your posts you're a genuine digging man. But whatever went on in the past, will you ever give it a rest and let bygones be bygones. I love my hunting but I don't give up my time defending hunting and terrierwork, the way these boys do and I for one appreciate every effort these guys make. Are they perfect, maybe not, but who is? At least they're trying, which is a lot more that can be said for the majority of us. I don't know the men involved but forget the past and look to the future. Now more than ever, we need to unite to save our sport!!...ATB

He doesn't know me either..lol he likes to let on he does though..

Poor sod.

1 hour ago, Evil knievil said:

Fully accept your point and I totally agree with you. So why should our own turn on each other is my main concern. ATB 

1 hour ago, stop.end said:

On the blue wkd last night son..you haven't the frame or backbone to drink anything else...

That meeting was 10 years ago..

the General..lmao ... More like the apprentice... making up stories...

The very men you talk about we ALL worked very hard TOGETHER standing UNITED for terrier work since then  and especially the last year helped over turn a very serious threat to OUR way of life...

What have you done?

Fester like a scab just it seems ?

I'm saying no more on this subject except to say, the same applies to you Stopend... leave the shit behind and move forward....Atb

2 hours ago, stop.end said:

On the blue wkd last night son..you haven't the frame or backbone to drink anything else...

That meeting was 10 years ago..

the General..lmao ... More like the apprentice... making up stories...

The very men you talk about we ALL worked very hard TOGETHER standing UNITED for terrier work since then  and especially the last year helped over turn a very serious threat to OUR way of life...

What have you done?

Fester like a scab just it seems ?

Stop talking nonsense. The first ever meeting the IWTF held, myself, yourself, two other lads and BW attended.
You caught up with a few other lads later on when everyone had bounced. Any alcohol or other I certainly wasn’t involved in. 

A working terrier federation is one thing. I attended for all the right reasons. Most didn’t!

I know a lot of people that are involved in terrier work. That stems from lads that bush with terriers, lads that dig and they are all different. Yet we all work terriers! 
We should all be as one! 
Yet, correspondence after between myself and you Stopend in the form of phone calls. You told me that if I was getting men on board to join the federation. You needed full names addresses etc. for everyone. Not only that, you also speculated that certain types of terrierwork wouldn’t be welcomed! 
You didn’t agree with anyone that kept terrers that had superior working abilities than your own. Which wouldn’t leave you with much……..

The lads that are doing the work are 10 times the men you’ll ever be. So I don’t need a clown like you to try and tell me what is what.

Edited by THE GENERAL

If the past few weeks haven’t taught you what you can achieve by pulling together, instead of pulling each other apart, then sadly it was a missed opportunity. All you’ve done is wasted everyone else's time and just put off the evil day. The Antis must be laughing their socks off reading this nonsense, at a time when by rights they should be licking their wounds. ?

J.M.H.O. - Barrie

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 8
9 hours ago, Barrie said:

If the past few weeks haven’t taught you what you can achieve by pulling together, instead of pulling each other apart, then sadly it was a missed opportunity. All you’ve done is wasted everyone else's time and just put off the evil day. The Antis must be laughing their socks off reading this nonsense, at a time when by rights they should be licking their wounds. ?

J.M.H.O. - Barrie

Thats fair enough Barrie. But imo an organisation like the nwtf or the iwtf should be welcoming and glad that like minded folk want to join. Not have some halfwit telling them what you should do what you can’t etc. He can’t even be honest! If that’s the case and that g@bshite is what is representing us, then it’s well and truly fked. I’ll leave it at that atb.

1 hour ago, THE GENERAL said:

Thats fair enough Barrie. But imo an organisation like the nwtf or the iwtf should be welcoming and glad that like minded folk want to join. Not have some halfwit telling them what you should do what you can’t etc. He can’t even be honest! If that’s the case and that g@bshite is what is representing us, then it’s well and truly fked. I’ll leave it at that atb.

I'm sorry General, but I'd much rather not get drawn into these sort of things for the reasons I've already outlined above and why on earth you felt it neccessary to include my name in your original post is way beyond me.

But now your bitterness seems to have overtaken any form of logic and instead you're choosing to castigate two entire organisations (both the NWTF and IWTF, regardless of what they've achieved, or how little you know of how the NWTF operates) simply because of your own animosity towards one individual.... I'm sorry, but no matter what sort of slant you try to put on it, that doesn't cut any ice with me.

I'm not sure what the problem is between you and Mark, nor do I want to know, that's between the two of you to sort out. But what I do know is that by dragging everyone else into your petty squabble, you're doing more harm than good and at a time when terrier work simply doesn't need it and I refer you to my previous post.

J.M.H.O. - Barrie

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Barrie said:

I'm sorry General, but I'd much rather not get drawn into these sort of things for the reasons I've already outlined above and why on earth you felt it neccessary to include my name in your original post is way beyond me.

But now your bitterness seems to have overtaken any form of logic and instead you're choosing to castigate two entire organisations (both the NWTF and IWTF, regardless of what they've achieved, or how little you know of how the NWTF operates) simply because of your own animosity towards one individual.... I'm sorry, but no matter what sort of slant you try to put on it, that doesn't cut any ice with me.

I'm not sure what the problem is between you and Mark, nor do I want to know, that's between the two of you to sort out. But what I do know is that by dragging everyone else into your petty squabble, you're doing more harm than good and at a time when terrier work simply doesn't need it and I refer you to my previous post.

J.M.H.O. - Barrie

I’m wasn’t castigating any organisation I was pointing out the fact that organisations such as them for example you would think would want like minded folk to join so we can all be as one. Not turn them away. So don’t twist my words Barry. 

2 hours ago, THE GENERAL said:

I’m wasn’t castigating any organisation I was pointing out the fact that organisations such as them for example you would think would want like minded folk to join so we can all be as one. Not turn them away. So don’t twist my words Barry. 

I’m not twisting your words, but I will quote them if I may…. “an organisation like the nwtf or the iwtf should be welcoming and glad that like minded folk want to join. Not have some halfwit telling them what you should do what you can’t etc.”

Quite where the NWTF fits into any of this I really don’t know. But “should be” infers that the NWTF (which you’ve no real knowledge of) and the IWTF (which you don’t seem to have any time for) are in some way lacking, just because you have an axe to grind with one particular person.

What I do know first-hand is just how much effort and planning the IWTF has put into dealing with recent events in N.I. and the extent to which certain key individuals (from both sides of the Border) have put their personal lives, work and family commitments on hold, to ensure Blair didn’t get his way and so that you can continue to work your dogs. How I know is quite simple…. I’ve had the privilege of sitting in on their Zoom planning meetings and of proof reading much of their lobbying material before it’s sent out, and normally long after more “normal people” are tucked up in bed.

I don't mean any offence, but I do strongly believe that such efforts deserve credit, not brickbats.

J.M.H.O. - Barrie

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 2