3 hours ago, Corkman said:

Why not support both? not as if lads can’t afford a few quid these days. Brexit hasn’t starved ye “yet” ?

Correct me if I’m wrong but the Fell & Moorland is a working terrier organisation for promoting Terrierwork, rescues and protects working strains. Fell and Moorland “Club” is a member of the NWTF. 

The NWTF is a National “Federation” of Working Terrier Clubs that fights to promote and maintain Terrierwork on a political front ably run by Mr B. Wade. 

In my mind “everyone” who works a terrier should be a member. The amount of work these guys do on your behalf in the background is immense. 

Lads too interested these days in Facebook, WhatsApp, TickTok, etc or beer, pissing their coin up against the wall than throwing a few quid and price of a pint to support the cause? Same lads are always the complainers and do f**k all but drag us down. 

People across the pond are damn lucky to have Mr B.Wade representing them. These lads could do with all the support they can get. Setting up a local club/ group is simple. 

Support them! 

Yeh you’re correct F&MWTC is a member club of NWTF, you don’t need to sell it to me I am a member of F&MWTC and I always will be.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a brief addition, but an important one.... The other alternative of course is to get together with a few friends and form a club of your own. It may seem a thankless task at times and a

Why not support both? not as if lads can’t afford a few quid these days. Brexit hasn’t starved ye “yet” ?   Correct me if I’m wrong but the Fell & Moorland is a working terrier organisation

If the past few weeks haven’t taught you what you can achieve by pulling together, instead of pulling each other apart, then sadly it was a missed opportunity. All you’ve done is wasted everyone else'

1 hour ago, Countryman62 said:

Just to clear a few points up corkman, brexit will never starve me, me and my dogs can fend for ourselves, I don’t do Facebook, WhatsApp or Tik Tok but are you saying the people that do are in the wrong?, I enjoy the odd pint now and again, are you saying I should stop and plough all my extra money into the terrier clubs? am I a complainer that does f**k all and drag everybody else down?, no I’m not but you don’t f***ing know me, of the times when I was arrested and prosecuted for Badger digging not once did anybody from my club phone or contact me to ask what had occurred, never asked if the dogs were ok, or even to find out if I was guilty or innocent of the said offences, they simply didn’t want to know, yet I still paid my dues the following year and will continue to do so, after one such arrest this terrier man told me it wasn’t good that the press release stated we were members of the terrier club, I bet he didn’t think me punching him in his mouth was any good either, you seem an opinionated little shit so get off your high horse and take your holy than thou attitude and shove it where the Sun don’t shine.

Yours In Sport.

P.S. take your tongue out of Wade’s arse cheeks it’s not a good look trust me you f***ing nonce.

I think what he may have been pointing out to you was the fell and moorland are an amalgamation of terrier men individuals can join I pay my subscription to fell and moorland and I'm in Ireland..and there more so there to help terrier men if they get into a rescue situation with a terrier and they need a hand or a machine in doing legal fox control with a terrier. Where as the NWTF is an almalgamation of working terrier clubs all under one roof and they look after the politicians and government side of things and lobby against them and keep the fell and moorland and other clubs up to date and how to proceed going forward.

IWTF is mirrored the exact same way and have worked closely with a no more genuine, dedicated and hardworking TRUE TERRIERMAN Barrie Wade.. who would freely give up his time, experience and knowledge at any given time to keep terrier work legal and with a code of conduct this side of the pond when we were in very difficult times..that was 10 years ago now and we still lift the phone to him and he always answers..

As for all your other bit of the C.V. believe me corkman is as genuine and knowledgeable as they come..

Don't think he was being condescending at all.. more probably saying you and the few lads you dig with should start a club and join the NWTF also..that way your supporting 2 great terrier causes..and I can't remember now but I think club membership to the NWTF  about £25 Barrie can correct me if I'm wrong...?

So say 3 men 10 each...I know it's easy to read things the wrong way on here ... But he's definitely not a nonce either and that's just a silly thing to say when you riled up..I've stayed in his home a few times.. he's as genuine and dedicated and passionate about his terriers and keeping terrier work legal... very few are willing to put their many many thousands of hours of free time, to do meetings literature travel the country and our on expenses many hours for an hour meeting taking time off work to do it...not licking corkman or Wade's doughnuts.. just telling you they way they work.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Countryman62 said:

Just to clear a few points up corkman, brexit will never starve me, me and my dogs can fend for ourselves, I don’t do Facebook, WhatsApp or Tik Tok but are you saying the people that do are in the wrong?, I enjoy the odd pint now and again, are you saying I should stop and plough all my extra money into the terrier clubs? am I a complainer that does f**k all and drag everybody else down?, no I’m not but you don’t f***ing know me, of the times when I was arrested and prosecuted for Badger digging not once did anybody from my club phone or contact me to ask what had occurred, never asked if the dogs were ok, or even to find out if I was guilty or innocent of the said offences, they simply didn’t want to know, yet I still paid my dues the following year and will continue to do so, after one such arrest this terrier man told me it wasn’t good that the press release stated we were members of the terrier club, I bet he didn’t think me punching him in his mouth was any good either, you seem an opinionated little shit so get off your high horse and take your holy than thou attitude and shove it where the Sun don’t shine.

Yours In Sport.

P.S. take your tongue out of Wade’s arse cheeks it’s not a good look trust me you f***ing nonce.

First of all my response was not directed at you although I did quote your reply. It was a general comment. 

Simply pointing out the F&M is a separate entity from the NWTF. And “if” lads can afford it why not support both. I didn’t exactly ask you to go on the wagon or forsake a family holiday. Just pointing out that some would rather buy a pint than support their own organisations.  

As for having a strong opinion. You bet I do, but it is a well educated one that I put to very good use in defending our game. And I’m not that little either. 

As for having admiration for Mr Wade. If you really knew what’s he’s actually done for your pastime you might be fighting me for a ride off him ? 

Barrie has them queuing up. 

Back to Grindr ?

16 minutes ago, Corkman said:

First of all my response was not directed at you although I did quote your reply. It was a general comment. 

Simply pointing out the F&M is a separate entity from the NWTF. And “if” lads can afford it why not support both. I didn’t exactly ask you to go on the wagon or forsake a family holiday. Just pointing out that some would rather buy a pint than support their own organisations.  

As for having a strong opinion. You bet I do, but it is a well educated one that I put to very good use in defending our game. And I’m not that little either. 

As for having admiration for Mr Wade. If you really knew what’s he’s actually done for your pastime you might be fighting me for a ride off him ? 

Barrie has them queuing up. 

Back to Grindr ?

Corkman it sounded to me like you were being condescending, I have said before that text is difficult to understand at times but I’m not gonna use that as an excuse for my bad behaviour, I’m man enough to admit I reacted badly for which I offer my apologies, I know of Barrie Wade but do not know him personally, his commitment and dedication is unlike anything I have personally experienced in this country, he has my admiration, it’s a pity there weren’t more like him here, I will remove the offensive post, atb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Countryman62 said:

Corkman it sounded to me like you were being condescending, I have said before that text is difficult to understand at times but I’m not gonna use that as an excuse for my bad behaviour, I’m man enough to admit I reacted badly for which I offer my apologies, I know of Barrie Wade but do not know him personally, his commitment and dedication is unlike anything I have personally experienced in this country, he has my admiration, it’s a pity there weren’t more like him here, I will remove the offensive post, atb.

Countryman - Thank you (and others) for your very kind words, but none of this is about me I’m just a small part of a much larger and far more important team.

The real stars of the show are the men and women who work so hard to keep the terrier clubs up and running, and right through to each and every member of those clubs. Without the Clubs and the funding they provide, there would be no NWTF, no strength of numbers and terrierwork would be in a much more difficult position than it already is (which brings us in a full circle to the start and the original purpose of this thread).

To that end, it's important to be aware, in an attempt to further restrict hunting with dogs, the Scottish Government has launched a Public Consultation outlining their latest proposals. This CLOSES on 15TH DECEMBER and it is VITALLY IMPORTANT that everyone makes their views known before that date, regardless of where in the U.K. they live.

The consultation is a short online questionnaire (just 12 questions) and only takes a few minutes to complete and probably less than it's taken to read this thread. It’s available at: https://consult.gov.scot/environment-forestry/dog-use-to-control-foxes-and-wild-mammals/

We would urge you,  your friends, family members and any other likeminded individuals who share our concerns to take the time to fill it in. NUMBERS REALLY DO COUNT AND YOU CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE.

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Barrie said:

Countryman - Thank you (and others) for your very kind words, but none of this is about me I’m just a small part of a much larger and far more important team.

The real stars of the show are the men and women who work so hard to keep the terrier clubs up and running, and right through to each and every member of those clubs. Without the Clubs and the funding they provide, there would be no NWTF, no strength of numbers and terrierwork would be in a much more difficult position than it already is (which brings us in a full circle to the start and the original purpose of this thread).

To that end, it's important to be aware, in an attempt to further restrict hunting with dogs, the Scottish Government has launched a Public Consultation outlining their latest proposals. This CLOSES on 15TH DECEMBER and it is VITALLY IMPORTANT that everyone makes their views known before that date, regardless of where in the U.K. they live.

The consultation is a short online questionnaire (just 12 questions) and only takes a few minutes to complete and probably less than it's taken to read this thread. It’s available at: https://consult.gov.scot/environment-forestry/dog-use-to-control-foxes-and-wild-mammals/

We would urge you,  your friends, family members and any other likeminded individuals who share our concerns to take the time to fill it in. NUMBERS REALLY DO COUNT AND YOU CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE.

I agree it’s critical that anyone involved in field sports has their say. You can see which way this could ultimately go in Scotland by the way the consultation is drafted and the content of the supporting documents. 

Edited by omegathelast
18 hours ago, dillydog said:

If she was your age she could be forgiven for her poor eyesight 

She was definitely leaning more towards being “a boiler” than a “spring chicken” (if anyone’s old enough to remember what a “boiler” is). ?

• Haha 4
  • 4 weeks later...
On 15/11/2021 at 23:41, Barrie said:

BTTT. The Scottish consultation on hunting with dogs (including ratting and rabbiting) closes tomorrow.