• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a brief addition, but an important one.... The other alternative of course is to get together with a few friends and form a club of your own. It may seem a thankless task at times and a

Why not support both? not as if lads can’t afford a few quid these days. Brexit hasn’t starved ye “yet” ?   Correct me if I’m wrong but the Fell & Moorland is a working terrier organisation

If the past few weeks haven’t taught you what you can achieve by pulling together, instead of pulling each other apart, then sadly it was a missed opportunity. All you’ve done is wasted everyone else'

3 minutes ago, sid g said:

so what if a terrier gets stuck to ground and you need some help or a digger ? you dont think thats worth the cost of a few beers ,  ? 

Fell and moorland do rescues pal, and yeh I do think it’s worth the cost of a few beers just can’t see the point in joining both, are you a member of them both ?

2 hours ago, Countryman62 said:

Fell & Moorland a member club of NTWF so if you’re a F&M member there’s no need to join the other, money’s better off in your pocket pal, atb

My rep isn’t the keenest to get members last time I asked he had 3 and didn’t even ask if I wanted to join. ??‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I'm a keen fisherman myself,my kids enjoy it too...but it's not a patch on digging to a good terrier or watching a runner do its thing?...I'd rather scratch my eyes out with a rusty nail than watch a  game of foolsball?

Yeh the terriers and lurchers always been first with me could never be without em it’s been a way of life, I played an hour of five-a-side on Tuesday and it’s a bit of of a struggle at 60 if the young uns get too flash I just kick em to stop em.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 11/11/2021 at 20:36, Gypsydog94 said:

Does anybody know how to become a member? Tried to message Barrie on here but he cannot receive messages 

Hi Gypsydog

My apologies, I don't come on here very often, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't allow me to receive messages (maybe I need to have a bit of a clear out in my inbox ?).

Thank you for wanting to join/support the NWTF, unfortunately as has already been said above, its membership does consist solely of Working Terrier Clubs (or similar type organisations).

Nevertheless, it's good to know that there are folks out there who are willing to dip their hands in their pockets in order to protect the future of terrierwork, as well as offering their support. Unfortunately, to try and administer something like that on an individual basis nationwide is an absolute nightmare. We did give it a shot in the early days, but found ourselves spending more time on administration, than on dealing with Parliamentary issues and that's not what we were set up to do. But if that workload is spread across each of the Clubs, then it becomes far more manageable and we still have the strength of numbers when it comes around to arguing our cause.

My advice would always be, if you want to support the NWTF and help protect the future of terrierwork, then join any one of the Clubs which is already a Member. It's disappointing that your local Rep was a bit slow on the uptake and he won't be the first or the last. But I'm sure if you drop Rat Face a PM he'll steer you in the right direction.

Y.I.S. - Barrie 

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 7

Just a brief addition, but an important one....

The other alternative of course is to get together with a few friends and form a club of your own.

It may seem a thankless task at times and as anyone who has ever been involved with any sort of Club or organisation will testify "willing workhorses are few and far between". But nevertheless some things are worth fighting for and the alternatives are far worse.

Right now terrierwork is one of the few remaining legal forms of "hunting with dogs" and the NWTF motto of "United We Stand" has stood us in pretty good stead so far. But it is a never ending battle for it to stay that way and numbers really do count.

Y.I.S. - Barrie   

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
6 hours ago, Barrie said:

Just a brief addition, but an important one....

The other alternative of course is to get together with a few friends and form a club of your own.

It may seem a thankless task at times and as anyone who has ever been involved with any sort of Club or organisation will testify "willing workhorses are few and far between". But nevertheless some things are worth fighting for and the alternatives are far worse.

Right now terrierwork is one of the few remaining legal forms of "hunting with dogs" and the NWTF motto of "United We Stand" has stood us in pretty good stead so far. But it is a never ending battle for it to stay that way and numbers really do count.

Y.I.S. - Barrie   

I was the secretary of a coursing club for a fair while, thankless but rewarding ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
On 12/11/2021 at 14:57, Countryman62 said:

Fell & Moorland a member club of NTWF so if you’re a F&M member there’s no need to join the other, money’s better off in your pocket pal, atb

Why not support both? not as if lads can’t afford a few quid these days. Brexit hasn’t starved ye “yet” ?

Correct me if I’m wrong but the Fell & Moorland is a working terrier organisation for promoting Terrierwork, rescues and protects working strains. Fell and Moorland “Club” is a member of the NWTF. 

The NWTF is a National “Federation” of Working Terrier Clubs that fights to promote and maintain Terrierwork on a political front ably run by Mr B. Wade. 

In my mind “everyone” who works a terrier should be a member. The amount of work these guys do on your behalf in the background is immense. 

Lads too interested these days in Facebook, WhatsApp, TickTok, etc or beer, pissing their coin up against the wall than throwing a few quid and price of a pint to support the cause? Same lads are always the complainers and do f**k all but drag us down. 

People across the pond are damn lucky to have Mr B.Wade representing them. These lads could do with all the support they can get. Setting up a local club/ group is simple. 

Support them! 

• Like 10