Surprised and disappointed at this site.

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

Like I said before you are utterly incapable of taking in / on any other viewpoint than your own, which in some areas is fairly balanced and others totally blinkered and lacking in any real knowledge base.

Sadly probably the wrong word, I just feel a bit sorry for you (which I’m sure you don’t need or want i know) because it must suck to have some of the experiences that you have in the area you were from - that would make you want to disrespect veterans just because of their skin colour. 

And no, we didn’t go to war to ‘stop racism’ and I didn’t say that, I said that’s the kind of stuff out fire fathers went to war to stop. And it was - hitler / the third reich / the axis powers, whatever, were largely based upon a doctrine of racial segregation and ideas of white racial purity (which I’ve heard you spout on about here), most of what they stood for and believed in was aryan racial superiority. Sound familiar ? Most folk just want to war cos there was a war and that’s what you did. But we were fighting against the kind of folk who gassed people for being from a certain race......... so I’m going to hazard a guess that your beliefs and way of thinking is more akin to certain members of the opposing side than ours. Remember it was your words that we didn’t need or want the Indians (or other ethnics) in ww2. 

In comparison Winston Churchill who recognised the “unsurpassed bravery of Indian soldiers and officers” or Field marshal Claude auchinleck (Scottish name don’t worry he was a whitey) who said “the British could not have come through both world wars if they did not have the Indian army”.

Give it a rest with the “folks like me” / “if that’s how you want it” bull shit, who’s virtue signalling now ?  People like me who have the respect to remember folk who fought and died for us even if they were a different colour. 

All you ever want to do is find anything to divide people in to beat camps ie black and whites and “folk like me” and “folk like you”. 

What you don’t seem to grasp, or maybe you do, is that I have had such a gutful of these people and the rhetoric that gos with them now days that I genuinely couldn’t care less what they did in the war and I don’t want to look at them anymore be that on armistice day or any other day.

It really is as simple as when they start cracking on about Johnson Beharry or someone I’m like “oh f**k off…..”

Theres no room left to be all reasonable and sensible about it…..I’m afraid it’s just “Nah….” 

I do enjoy out little chats however when they happen…..despite your black fishing hairdo tendencies ! Lol ? 

• Haha 1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought something may have been mentioned on here today as it’s armistice day …. anyway lest we forget ……

As much love,respect and appreciation as we all have for fallen soldiers its hard to stomach a society that demands that for 1 day of the year we act all patriotic and proud of the sacrifice men made

Mate, surely it’s about remembering, not posting on a forum/fb/insta etc.

Posted Images

19 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

“When folk like you do these things”

Hang on a min ...... you saw something that showed silhouettes of British soldiers and some were weeding turbans ...... so you labelled it as virtue signalling and nonsense. Initially I said I had seen it before (which I have) and in this case hampton court palace had its turn to do a large scale instillation to celebrate its part in the war etc. The silhouettes were of the soldiers encamped there, some of which were Indian Sikhs and so some of the silhouettes had turbans on. It is an accurate depiction of what you would have seen if you turned up there at the victory marches post ww1. 

Would it be better if they had that exhibition and left the Sikhs out ? I bet if you went back and asked that of the white British troops there at the time they would say f**k no! 

I don’t get the bit about making up for non whites lack of achievement ? This is about war ....... and about loss of life and sacrifice. It’s not about anything else ? And pretty much the same number of Indians served Britain during ww2 as white brits did ? If it hadn’t been for them (and lots of others) we wouldn’t have won the war. They served in every arena of conflict that we did and we were very very happy to have them at the time. So what’s the issue with respectfully remembering them at rememberance ? Which is after all a ceremony to remember those of the British army who died for us.

All I’m seeing is that you don’t like them being remembered by us because they are non white. Which when you think of the context is a little bit ironic. 

Its getting somewhat boring but again you are avoiding the original point.......ive watched or been to virtually every Remembrance Day parade at the Cenotaph in years simply because i think its the right thing to do.....and this year is the first time i have ever seen a turban wearing fallen soldier silhoutte.....ever.......why do you think that is ?.....again dont be afraid to say it.

The bit about non whites lack of achievement is about diversity......its what diversity is for.....and its my belief its what the new turban wearing fallen soldier silhouettes are for.

Just to make clear i have no issues or argument with anything you say about who did what,you seem to know your shit and i dont suffice to say i admire/respect all concerned regardless.....my issue is purely about the timing of yet another " diversity statement " to English people.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4