Surprised and disappointed at this site.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought something may have been mentioned on here today as it’s armistice day …. anyway lest we forget ……

As much love,respect and appreciation as we all have for fallen soldiers its hard to stomach a society that demands that for 1 day of the year we act all patriotic and proud of the sacrifice men made

Mate, surely it’s about remembering, not posting on a forum/fb/insta etc.

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, king said:

Put a good dolop of machine grease inside his door handle in the morning..and a good dolop inside his rag in the cab ?

Few yrs back had a right chopsy cnut sent from the agency to drive for us....after 2 days we used 3 tubes of grease and put them on his seat,every handle and lever?...f***ing boss hit the roof...brand-new 21 ton machine needed a new seat? driver went home in a huff never to be seen again ??

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Borr said:

Give it up mate , you're the dopey sod on general section complaining it's not hunting related , stop reading the drivel, are you incapable of switching off your computer or go and set a trap or something. 

No

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, socks said:

Maybe that’s the difference between somebody that’s served and somebody that hasn’t …….

You may be right but myself and most of the lads i grew up with haven't served but remember and stand for the 2 minutes silence. Most sites and places I've worked stop as well. I think its an age thing really as has been said previously it was common to see the injured veterans growing up and to know of your grandparents siblings who did not survive. The younger generations do not have that connection and I pray they never do. I hope the tradition continues and people continue to wear the poppy with pride and in remembrance.

• Like 2

Not just on the 11th of the 11th but often think of my fathers brother killed 1941 off Alexandria on HMS Galatea three torpedos hit the ship. Didn't stand a chance being a stoker. Farmers son strong in the arm good for shovelling coal. Often wonder how he died drowned or killed by the explosion of the torpedos I hope it was quick. Gran called me by his name once apparently we looked similar when I was a youngster alway felt a connection maybe because of that. in the house by myself today gave him some thoughts. Also his cousin who was in the RAF a Spitfire pilot in Egypt who never came home. He went into the NAFA in Alexandria asking sailors if the Galatea was in so he could meet up. At first they were cagey but then told him the ship had gone down only 100 survivors so he knew before the rest of the family.

He's on the far left.

IMG_4134.JPG.44568cfe6d0f064d6b41e262eff8f981.JPG

320779757_ralf101141.jpg.70ecbc399d55af1e4ceffdc9526ab7a1.jpg

Left again.

IMG_4131.JPG.e43f7aab0dedc14e909d392e0936273e.JPG

Cheers Arry

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, Arry said:

Not just on the 11th of the 11th but often think of my fathers brother killed 1941 off Alexandria on HMS Galatea three torpedos hit the ship. Didn't stand a chance being a stoker. Farmers son strong in the arm good for shovelling coal. Often wonder how he died drowned or killed by the explosion of the torpedos I hope it was quick. Gran called me by his name once apparently we looked similar when I was a youngster alway felt a connection maybe because of that. in the house by myself today gave him some thoughts. Also his cousin who was in the RAF a Spitfire pilot in Egypt who never came home. He went into the NAFA in Alexandria asking sailors if the Galatea was in so he could meet up. At first they were cagey but then told him the ship had gone down only 100 survivors so he knew before the rest of the family.

He's on the far left.

IMG_4134.JPG.44568cfe6d0f064d6b41e262eff8f981.JPG

320779757_ralf101141.jpg.70ecbc399d55af1e4ceffdc9526ab7a1.jpg

Left again.

IMG_4131.JPG.e43f7aab0dedc14e909d392e0936273e.JPG

Cheers Arry

My old man was a PO in that fleet off Alexandria then Arry, said he lost a lot of mates during that period. R.I.P. 

D.

• Like 2

I have sort of held back from commenting on this thread but f**k it…..

Every year this big fake show of remorse pisses me off more and more.

I was looking at some photos on social media this morning released by a bunch of councillors who I know personally in my old area all stood round my old town war memorial pretending to give a shit !

These geezers have done more to betray the legacy of blokes who fought in WW2 than enough…..allowing the government to destroy a rather bland bit traditional little old British town, inviting crime and the dregs of the third world to f**k everything up.

They are members of the same council that we’re charging £1500 yesterday morning to put up some signs so they could all stand round crying their crocodile tears…..£1500 that had to get paid by public donation or none of them would have been there.

Respect for veterans ?…….my arse, if they was Korean or Falklands veterans sitting in the road protesting we’d have all been having a piss on them wouldn’t we ?

Running them over ?

Load of c**ts ? 

A 1000 f***ing Eritreans came ashore yesterday to add to the 21,000 that have come ashore this year and the 19,000 that came ashore last year.

2 minutes stood round scratching our bollocks once a year for show ?……f**k off like ! 

• Like 4

As much love,respect and appreciation as we all have for fallen soldiers its hard to stomach a society that demands that for 1 day of the year we act all patriotic and proud of the sacrifice men made to stop invasions that would change our lives.....but the other 364 days of the year we are so ashamed and embarrassed that we now welcome invaders with open arms..........in my opinion its all a bit of a piss on the chips to them brave,heroic people.....a fake thankyou if you like.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

It's important to try and educate people/young ones about what was sacrificed by ordinary folk doing extraordinary things. It's also a little reminder to the rest of Europe to our island's contribution and sacrifice to their current freedoms. I think their sacrifice has been betrayed by people and politicians.

• Like 10

Im probably the only sicko who noticed it but even when they was showing the cut outs of the fallen soldiers at Buck House they managed to sling a few turbans on them !....ok i know they've played their part but its not something we've ever seen before....which tells me they'll even exploit a special day like that in the name of diversity.......we was never asked if we wanted it so f**k your diversity !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1