Our Swedish government has made a proposition to make silencers license free, now you need a firearm permit for the silencer alone which costs ~30£. The new law makes silencer equal to ammunition (you show your firearm license then you buy ammo) the new law a supposed to come in force 1july. The rules for traveling in and out of the country with silencers are also going to change. Im not sure how different calibers are going to be treated as you usually dont get a permit for silencer on rimfires now.

Time was when Sound Moderators were really hard to get a slot for in the UK, and there was very little choice as well.

The youngsters on this site will be scratching there heads as Sound mods are now easy to get on ticket, and the choice is plentiful here these days, just the same a mod still needs its own slot on our FAC's.

To be honest I have not been abroad with any guns for a while, and my Firearms Passport for the EU is now defunct, so I need to check what I'll need to do for my next hunting trip to France!!

The rule now (until of1july) is what you need a permit/licence for you silencer if you want to bring it to Sweden and it needs to be marked with a individual numbers, so its a problem if you come from a country there you dont need a permit for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2021 at 19:54, Deker said:

Time was when Sound Moderators were really hard to get a slot for in the UK, and there was very little choice as well.

The youngsters on this site will be scratching there heads as Sound mods are now easy to get on ticket, and the choice is plentiful here these days, just the same a mod still needs its own slot on our FAC's.

To be honest I have not been abroad with any guns for a while, and my Firearms Passport for the EU is now defunct, so I need to check what I'll need to do for my next hunting trip to France!!

This is about the same for me. One time On renewal of my cert I asked for an extra silencer and was told that I couldn't have another one on my cert because I  could just use the one that I'd got on the other rifles.!  On the next renewal the FOE was totally the opposite.   He suggested me having a different silencer for every rifle and a spare slot in case I wanted tò get something different.  They just make it up as they go along. The trouble is that no one has got the want or the balls to sort stuff like this out.  They renewed my European firearms pass  just a few months before Brexit. It's crazy times that we chart now. In future times it might become a collector's curio.  It is one already. How many people ever had two European firearms passes.? One for firearms and the other for shotguns.? 

Edited by Meece
On 01/12/2021 at 21:37, Meece said:

How many people ever had two European firearms passes.? One for firearms and the other for shotguns.? 

Whats crazy I have had one with rifle and combination gun on it. In Sweden are a shotgun a firearm and it would be added just like any firearm on the passport. I waited two months for my firearm passport then I walked in to the local policestation and the women twho handels firearm applications just wrote it in with a pen (2013).

On 01/12/2021 at 20:37, Meece said:

How many people ever had two European firearms passes.? One for firearms and the other for shotguns.? 

????

My previous had shotguns included on the same pass, hand written.............. 

094a.jpg.cd2dc7d10abeafa412e960c43ae3b36a.jpg

so did my latest, the format changed though and it was typed, whatever, they are no use anymore. 

098.jpg.45ae72edb6421a10f28bbcc3503657f6.jpg

Edited by Deker

I can imagine the gendamerie looking at that load of scrawl with a kid's crayon and saying.....  ( in pigeon French like the French... Alo.Alo policeman). .. what is theese.?

Edit... how come that if plod can just write entries on there so can you.?  In theory you could go to another country get a weapon, bring it back here, erase that weapon from the cert and you'd have an off ticket weapon. It ain't going to happen but,,,,,,

Edited by Meece
  • 7 months later...

Now have I bought a Stalon Victor silencer without need for a license , I do need a license for for rifle of a fitting cal. and it must be threaded with a fitting thread to be legal. If I sell my threaded rifle the silencer are illegal to posess , to sell the silencer I have to check if the buyer has a licence for the rifle and has to try it on to see so it fits the threads I do not have to register who the buyer is(It still very confusing rules the government and the police have different interpretation of the new law).

Another crazy thing is that if you want a silencer for a non fac air rifle you don't need a slot for it. But if you want it for say a .22 rd then you do have to have a slot for it on the fax for that rifle.... even though it might be the same silencer.  .?  Now if you were using a silencer which had been alocated for an air rifle on an fax rifle which didn't have a slot alocation then you could be in the poop ..but who would  really know and what difference does it make anyway. Like when they didn't want anyone to have one and then total reversal. ..yiu can have as many as you like.  Crazy.