Acute shoulder pain

Been awake since 2am with this, taken paracetamol and ibuprofen, ibuprofen gel. Nothing is touching it. Front of shoulder travelling down my arm , pain is nauseating. I presume using a 9inch grinder most of yesterday has torn/irritated something. I've tried ice, seemed worse, only relief is over my head . Anyone had this? What were solutions?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You,ll have no livers or kidneys left the way your going, all these drugs have an effect on your body’s internal organs, that’s why I apply home made cream and eat the best honey I can buy, last time

If we are doing “suffering top trumps” then I have had the big, sandpaper tipped cotton bud down my japs eye……let me tell you, that really does make your f***ing eyes water ! 

Mate, I’m 50 and around 2-3 stone overweight, ex 40 a day smoker and I have played football probably a 100 times since I had my jabs…..if I was going to have a clutcher I’d have had one by now ?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Borr said:

Been awake since 2am with this, taken paracetamol and ibuprofen, ibuprofen gel. Nothing is touching it. Front of shoulder travelling down my arm , pain is nauseating. I presume using a 9inch grinder most of yesterday has torn/irritated something. I've tried ice, seemed worse, only relief is over my head . Anyone had this? What were solutions?

If it's accompanied by incredible chest pain you are by now likely dead from a massive heart attack, if not you may have done something to your rotator cuff? 

• Haha 1

Sounds like a torn rotator cuff doctor will give pain killers and a leaflet with exercises on. Solution is cortisone injection but there is a 6 month waiting list around our way, due to covid apparently (the standard excuse for poor service in every sector) in the mean time if it gets worse it could manifest into a frozen shoulder if your in pain now you aint felt nothing yet!

Out of interest and dont want to start the whole vax thing but have you been double jabbed ?  

• Like 1

Well I'm not dead lol, but had to call in sick on a good local job, on fryup Thursday of all days. Feels  better than earlier might be ibuprofen building up. Yes I've been double jabbed. Hopefully get some stronger painkillers off of Dr , and with luck it'll settle on its own with having to have injections or owt. Cheers for info

Oh f**k off with all your double jabbed nonsense, the bloke is probably middle aged and has hurt his shoulder doing something…..simple as that.

Fantastical as it may sound, my wife managed to dislocate her shoulder 20 years ago reaching for her hand bag in our office……amazingly she wasn’t Covid jabbed either ! 

Borr, you have hurt your shoulder mate, some pain killers and anti inflammatory drugs is what you need…..cortisone injections hurt like a b*****d.

Get well soon ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I,ve got a frozen shoulder, arthirits in my spine around my neck and I have dislocated my shoulder in the past I,m a 59 year old plasterer and am in pain all day everyday, I take regular doses of man up juice and just keep going, if I stop I,m in agony and can barely move, so I don’t stop,  put dandelion cream on my joints morning and night which does seem to be helping and hot shower blasting my neck every evening, ??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, WILF said:

Oh f**k off with all your double jabbed nonsense, the bloke is probably middle aged and has hurt his shoulder doing something…..simple as that.

Fantastical as it may sound, my wife managed to dislocate her shoulder 20 years ago reaching for her hand bag in our office……amazingly she wasn’t Covid jabbed either ! 

Borr, you have hurt your shoulder mate, some pain killers and anti inflammatory drugs is what you need…..cortisone injections hurt like a b*****d.

Get well soon ?

I asked the double jabbed question as I'm currently suffering in the shoulder, neck and leg to the point I haven't been able to move and there was no real incident that caused it. It was a simple question and not made to make a statement or push a agenda.

And for the record I've had cortisone a number of times on a frozen shoulder a number of years back and they didn't hurt any more than a normal injection for me, so just goes to show our bodies all react differently to different things.       

• Like 2