David Platts deerhound documentary

15 minutes ago, Countryman62 said:

I can remember watching Crufts a few years back and there was this old gal showing a German Shepherd with a back that was that arched over it’s arse was almost touching the floor as it walked round the show ring, and it came into Crufts as a qualified show winner, it sickened me that much to see it I wrote to Crufts to complain and tell them what I thought of them and the Kennel Club, obviously they didn’t reply, bet that letter went straight in the bin, lol, atb

You should of wrote to Anne Robinson on points of view 

• Haha 1

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the Deerhound hybrids....? I miss them.....?  

Deerhound hybrids were all the rage in the 1980's,...we all had some fun...?  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Nickms said:

Get what your saying. Could also be said that England holds larger deer than Scotland. So to bring the size of the dog down of the original Scottish breed designed to hunt them. May also not make sense. Food for thought. ?

Trouble there ain't many if any true working deerhounds I remember my dad owning a 3/4 reverse big strong dog would of liked to see him work in the flesh I was too young at the time but I remember him saying he was a handy yolk 

39 minutes ago, Penda said:

Trouble there ain't many if any true working deerhounds I remember my dad owning a 3/4 reverse big strong dog would of liked to see him work in the flesh I was too young at the time but I remember him saying he was a handy yolk 

Met a fella at a show in hereford, about 1990, had a reverse 3/4 deer/grey dog with him.  Was a belter.  Me and my mate had two 1st crosses with us, brother and sister from same litter.  Bitch 28 1/2", dog 30".  

Forgot to say, fella's dog was 32", so he said, but was certainly a big, strong dog.

Edited by shaaark
10 minutes ago, Penda said:

Second dog I ever had was a bearded Collie, greyhound x deerhound. Smart looking dog. Moved nice. Killed daytime hares. Let him off near deer an he'd just hunt up if he missed the 1st one. Ruin the day to meny trying to find him so ended up pet homed to a hipi on a piece of string. Similar with another deerhound type. Bred to a saluki. 

28 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Met a fella at a show in hereford, about 1990, had a reverse 3/4 deer/grey dog with him.  Was a belter.  Me and my mate had two 1st crosses with us, brother and sister from same litter.  Bitch 28 1/2", dog 30".  

Forgot to say, fella's dog was 32", so he said, but was certainly a big, strong dog.

IMG-20200112-WA0021.jpg.08d3dd08b202cb74dad582579c8a6a94.jpg

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Penda said:

This is him obviously the big rough hair lad Merlin he was called

Don't think 'names' were mentioned.  I was five scrumpies down, so probably wouldn't have remembered anyway!  ? lol ?

Dog was a fair bit taller and bigger built than my mates' dog anyway.  And he weighed close to 100lb.

Edited by shaaark
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Don't think 'names' were mentioned.  I was five scrumpies down, so probably wouldn't have remembered anyway!  ? lol ?

Dog was a fair bit taller and bigger built than my mates' dog anyway.  And he weighed close to 100lb.

I've confused yah there mush I do apologise I meant that rough dog in the pic of my dads was called Merlin sorry about the confusion playa ?

14 hours ago, Penda said:

I've confused yah there mush I do apologise I meant that rough dog in the pic of my dads was called Merlin sorry about the confusion playa ?

No confusion, mate.  I assumed you meant the dog's name was merlin.  No probs, penguin.  ? ?

? ?

Edited by shaaark