David Platts deerhound documentary

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the Deerhound hybrids....? I miss them.....?  

Deerhound hybrids were all the rage in the 1980's,...we all had some fun...?  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, shaaark said:

Ah right.  Are they just rescue dogs, the rough coated ones over here?

No a fella imported a smooth dog and a rough bitch pup from two different breeders. The one pictured isn't one of them. 

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
On 12/11/2021 at 18:04, Countryman62 said:

Very true all dogs regardless of breed were mongrelised, five years ago Dave Platts was advertising his litters as Deerhound x Greyhound, now there advertised as English Deerhounds, because he’s looking for KC recognition, presumably. Like I’ve already said I wish him all the best with his project, he can do as he pleases it don’t affect me in any way, I just think he’s got a bit of a cheek calling them ED’s, gives me a chuckle anyway, atb

When I got 1 off him prob around 2002 I think they were advertised as ardinglass deerhound or something like that 1st Cross when got there was 1st Cross to 1st Cross mating I think just advertise to sell but seemed a nice fella 

6 hours ago, Councilestatekid said:

When I got 1 off him prob around 2002 I think they were advertised as ardinglass deerhound or something like that 1st Cross when got there was 1st Cross to 1st Cross mating I think just advertise to sell but seemed a nice fella 

Nice guy for sure, I like characters like him in the dog game, world’s a better place for it, atb

• Like 2