David Platts deerhound documentary

25 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:
25 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

He done a few with lesta bull dog and dave radford fighting ,for some reason it not let me see video but one was in a pub the other in a field with ring all set up and big dave walk up with one of his deerhound x ,dave radford good fighter  

Dave Radford went the distance with Roberto Duran. He was a class act. Completely outclassed Ronnie Pickering, sorry the Leicester bulldog.

Let's face it Dave Platts is basically breeding deer/ grey with deer/ grey and calling them English deerhounds. Good luck to him, I've nothing against that. Might even buy one when my present two geriatric dogs snuff it. They are certainly attractive lookers. Fella by the name of Gingerbeard on here had a couple. Absolute corkers which did what they were supposed to do.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 4

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the Deerhound hybrids....? I miss them.....?  

Deerhound hybrids were all the rage in the 1980's,...we all had some fun...?  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Dave Radford went the distance with Roberto Duran. He was a class act. Completely outclassed Ronnie Pickering, sorry the Leicester bulldog.

Let's face it Dave Platts is basically breeding deer/ grey with deer/ grey and calling them English deerhounds. Good luck to him, I've nothing against that. Might even buy one when my present two geriatric dogs snuff it. They are certainly attractive lookers. Fella by the name of Gingerbeard on here had a couple. Absolute corkers which did what they were supposed to do.

Dave radford also fought nigel Ben but I think it was for charity but he definitely out classed the big fella and I think they had a few goes at it . 

As for his dogs your right  they just deerhound x greyhound line that he can trace back few year ,he's looking to get them kc registered as a breed that's why he's got col david hancock involved just like Plummer did but it never came off as we all no lol ? 

3 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

He done a few with lesta bull dog and dave radford fighting ,for some reason it not let me see video but one was in a pub the other in a field with ring all set up and big dave walk up with one of his deerhound x ,dave radford good fighter  

That ones the one in a field and it won't let me watch it anymore either. You have to verify your age and identity now to watch certain videos. Personally I'm all against the information gathering that the internet does more and more of these days. If ever an opressive regime comes into power, like pre ww2 Germany, present day China or as happened in some eastern european countries that could be a real problem. Face book in particular never deletes any info even if you delete your account.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Countryman62 said:

Seen that clip of him in “ the gypsy and the poacher” no ferret and sticks a twig up an hole and says that’s rabbit fur so starts to dig and says it’s hard going after one shovel full, the dog has a look that says “what the f**k am I doing here”, tells me all I need to know.

Dont hate a playa ?

10 hours ago, Maximus Ferret said:

That ones the one in a field and it won't let me watch it anymore either. You have to verify your age and identity now to watch certain videos. Personally I'm all against the information gathering that the internet does more and more of these days. If ever an opressive regime comes into power, like pre ww2 Germany, present day China or as happened in some eastern european countries that could be a real problem. Face book in particular never deletes any info even if you delete your account.

I try not to put my details on the net as like you say they could easily use it and big brother knows anufe already without giving them more .

I'm not on fb ,like to keep my business to myself and apart from two hunting forums I use the Internet as little as possible. 

12 hours ago, jukel123 said:

How much does he charge for a pup? What height on average do bitch pups make? And dog pups? Could be beneficial if the

height could be brought down a few inches from a straight deerhound greyhound first cross.

He had a couple with him when i met him proper chilled out well behaved dogs temperament wise if some made 23tts i would be tempted to have one myself when my old lurcher has gone.

• Like 1

Iv seen a few deerhound greyhounds over the years n all had Temps to die for however all was found wanting on a good hare, I have seen a couple of deerhound Lurchers that was alot better than the 1st X. 

Edited by dodger
  • Like 2