David Platts deerhound documentary

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the Deerhound hybrids....? I miss them.....?  

Deerhound hybrids were all the rage in the 1980's,...we all had some fun...?  

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I will definitely be having a gander at that only met Dave twice up at Highgate dog track and found him to be a sound lad tbh who's company i would enjoy.

Did you ever meet Russ who used to own it mate, have you seen the documentary on it? 

Seen that clip of him in “ the gypsy and the poacher” no ferret and sticks a twig up an hole and says that’s rabbit fur so starts to dig and says it’s hard going after one shovel full, the dog has a look that says “what the f**k am I doing here”, tells me all I need to know.

• Haha 7
17 minutes ago, Countryman62 said:

Seen that clip of him in “ the gypsy and the poacher” no ferret and sticks a twig up an hole and says that’s rabbit fur so starts to dig and says it’s hard going after one shovel full, the dog has a look that says “what the f**k am I doing here”, tells me all I need to know.

I also see that video and its him and Joe wooly and like you I didn't think much to ferreting skills but dave and Joe both nice lads 

2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

I also see that video and its him and Joe wooly and like you I didn't think much to ferreting skills but dave and Joe both nice lads 

Nice lads for sure moocher, only spoke to em a couple o times, bet they’d provide an entertaining evening in the pub, the dogs will have improved no end since he got with Dave Sleight and his connections in racing greyhounds, that said I still wouldn’t want one, atb

• Like 1

Few year ago I had a funny turn and criticised dave platts dogs on here ,I shunt of done as it was on hear say  yes I know ,well a member on here took the ump and said say it 2 his face ,well year later at the midland wi Ray he introduces me 2 this giant bloke at least 9 foot tall and hands like wheelbarrows, dunt know if I'd had a dodgy pint or what but I completely forgot 2 say ote 

• Haha 13
3 hours ago, breeze said:

Greb.... I've seen that documentary on Highgate track mate, that Russ cracks me up on it. When he has to go and shovel shit from a lads dog week in week out. "I'll have a even fifty it shits...." Feckin right pile"? ? 

He was a character mate, used to knock about with his son who's on the documentary and we used to have some good crack down there. 

He died about 5 year ago now. 

4 hours ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Anyone see the prizefight one?    

He done a few with lesta bull dog and dave radford fighting ,for some reason it not let me see video but one was in a pub the other in a field with ring all set up and big dave walk up with one of his deerhound x ,dave radford good fighter  

2 hours ago, Countryman62 said:

Nice lads for sure moocher, only spoke to em a couple o times, bet they’d provide an entertaining evening in the pub, the dogs will have improved no end since he got with Dave Sleight and his connections in racing greyhounds, that said I still wouldn’t want one, atb

Me cousin as two bitches out platts stuff and both doing the job but not my type ,he breeds some nice game fowl