Nancy At Six Months.

Nancy is eight months today, so weighed and measured her.

65lb and 27 3/4".

IMG_1738.JPG.124f5efda856bd8ff13a4f75d14907c0.JPG

Shes losing her puppy fat and gaining muscle now.

She flushed her first roe the other day; nose down, tail up on a "hot scent", then head up "air scenting". She dived into some rough and a roe shot out the other side !

She missed it, but I was pleased with her finding ability, and there will be plenty more opportunities in the future, I'm sure.

Cheers.

• Like 8

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My first cross deerhound/greyhound bitch Nancy is six months old now, so measured and weighed her today. She's 26 " and 58lb; Progressing as expected. Recall is good, retri

Just an update on my first cross deer/grey, Nancy; Seven months old today, 27" and 62 lb; Coats coming in, and she's shaping up nicely. Still on course to give her a run around Fe

This is my last deer/grey, Lima, at around the same age; She made 29" and 75 lb. This pup is stockier and heavier boned, but I think she'll make around the same size, maybe not quite a

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Nancy is eight months today, so weighed and measured her.

65lb and 27 3/4".

IMG_1738.JPG.124f5efda856bd8ff13a4f75d14907c0.JPG

Shes losing her puppy fat and gaining muscle now.

She flushed her first roe the other day; nose down, tail up on a "hot scent", then head up "air scenting". She dived into some rough and a roe shot out the other side !

She missed it, but I was pleased with her finding ability, and there will be plenty more opportunities in the future, I'm sure.

Cheers.

Looking good, charts.  ?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

9 1/2 months now, seems to have levelled out at 28" and 65lb.

Puppy fat is turning into muscle and she's shaping up well.

Had a couple of runs on the lamp, has the speed but needs the experience and the brains.

Took a decent one last night, long slip, turned it a few times, pushed it out of the rough, another turn or two and took it when it went back into cover.

FullSizeRender.jpg.6df6dc7b1bd28adc8f65c7d386f085e2.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.b76cb1759e2dd1a06dcfafc36da183f0.jpg

Very pleased with her progress, not pushing her, she should be ready for next season, hopefully!

Cheers.

• Like 10
46 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Had a couple of runs on the lamp, has the speed but needs the experience and the brains.

Took a decent one last night, long slip, turned it a few times, pushed it out of the rough, another turn or two and took it when it went back into cover.

Very pleased with her progress, not pushing her, she should be ready for next season, hopefully!

Cheers.

happy days chart and pup done well and your  in wellies aswell ? ?

Well done charts, she's turning into a cracker of a dog, now listen up my owd lad, . Nancy, come on matey, ya can't be putting a dog to bed we the name nancy ffs eh out in the fields, shouting Nancy, it's not on mate I give up we some of you lads on here, gonna do a greblet I am ? 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Well done pup the tek some catching ? 

On 23/02/2022 at 22:56, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

28in for a bitch is big did you hear how big the dogs turned out

33 minutes ago, Marvel said:

28in for a bitch is big did you hear how big the dogs turned out

Not seen any of the dog pups yet.

My last 1st x deer/grey bitch had the same deerhound breeding but was out of a racing bred Greyhound bitch and she made 29" and 75 pound.

This bitch is slightly smaller but appears to have more "bone".

Cheers.

• Like 1