Air arms S410 problem

I went out to see where the pellets were hitting at 10,25,35 and 50 yards because I wanted to go out this afternoon and I had it zeroed into 35 yards fine and at 50 yards it was hitting at 3 mil dots down and .5 to the left and I’ve shot around 1.5k pellets with this air rifle at targets no problem like this, I cocked it but the next shot I took didn’t work  (air was above 150 and I never fill above 190) and I assumed that I hadn’t cocked it so I did it again and it didn’t work and at this point I knew that I definitely cocked it twice and it wasn’t shooting so I pulled the bolt back to get the mag out and cocked it again without another pellet and fired it and it fired the pellets out fine and I did it another couple times just in case and checked the barrel for pellets and it’s 100% empty of pellets so I filled it from 150 back to 190 with air and had enough go at 50 yards and it was hitting double as low as it was hitting and it makes a slight different noise when I shoot and the same happens at 35 yards, it was completely accurate at 35 yards but all of a sudden it’s hitting 4 mil dots down at 35 yards and I can’t see that’s it’s clipping the moderator because everything looks perfectly fine and I don’t know why it’s happening.

D6C88ECC-867A-4FA5-BBF4-2C2BBEAF8801.jpeg

C516D67A-FCF0-4DE4-8A81-04C7B2DD01F4.jpeg

31DD1C02-170E-440F-A4DC-F90AB258FFDA.jpeg

It is worth taking the mod off and testing even though you don't think that is to blame, a process of elimination.  I cannot give you any advice on these guns as I have very knowledge of AA rifles.  I am sure one of the other lads will be able to offer more help than I can BUT expect them to suggest testing without the mod.

Phil

4 hours ago, philpot said:

It is worth taking the mod off and testing even though you don't think that is to blame, a process of elimination.  I cannot give you any advice on these guns as I have very knowledge of AA rifles.  I am sure one of the other lads will be able to offer more help than I can BUT expect them to suggest testing without the mod.

Phil

Sorry, that should have said I have very LITTLE knowledge of AA rifles.............................................?

Phil

chronograph . it may seem like and expense but once you have one you think how did I do this shooting thing with out one , I will bet most people here have one . A chorno will show you exactly what is happening with your gun , if the pellet comes out of your gun at a constant speed you then know there is nothing wrong with your guns mechanism I would say that is something you should check if you think the sound of the gun is changing . If the guns action is fine accuracy is the problem you have a lot of possibilities . loose or damaged scope . air arms has a thin barrel and the barrel band can mess with accuracy if it's loose , the gun could be loose in the stock , also that gun has a power curve when filled to 190 the gun will have less power than when the pressure drops to 150 bar is when the gun will be at it's most powerful. and as stated the moderator could be the problem . When you shoot without the moderator your group may move a bit .   

Edited by barrywhite
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, _Lewis_ said:

I took it to the gun shop and he tested it and the pressures wrong it has to go back to air arms, no shooting for awhile ?

Ask the rfd to loan you a s/h gun to keep you going for the time being. The worst he can say is 'no' so worth a try.

Phil

• Like 1