Goodbye old friend,thanks for the memories.

17 minutes ago, patterdale said:

This picture was originally taken in the 80’s,we were both around 17/18.

I posted this picture up on here in 2015,I’ll find a link to the thread and post it.

The young man holding up the hare with the striped trousers on is my best mate Gary,during our teens we were inseparable.

Always out rabbiting,ferreting,lamping,shooting,fishing you get the picture,and if not in the field..in the pub.

Gary found god and became a minister and did tremendous charity work.

Sadly Gary was an anti vaxer,and was hospitalised with pneumonia covid and put in an induced coma and placed on a ventilator.

He lost his fight and leaves behind a wife and three young children,like myself Gary was 51,not taking the vaccine was his choice.

Goodbye old friend,thanks for the memories.

image.jpeg.0c56a992a22d409e06e13b4adff80bd6.jpeg

Nice picture Fella, God rest his soul….Sorry for your loss…

• Like 1

I blame the misinformation and lies being spouted on social media unchecked and the liars in government that cause this anti vax protest. I know a few that preached it and were left very ill in hospital when the kung flu struck. Its defo serious but some people just get unlucky. God bless your mate

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

You'll meet again with your mate at some point pal.. he'll be up there waiting for you...

12 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Good memories will last even though it feels some times memories fade with the passing of close friends. 

3 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I blame the misinformation and lies being spouted on social media unchecked and the liars in government that cause this anti vax protest. I know a few that preached it and were left very ill in hospital when the kung flu struck. Its defo serious but some people just get unlucky. God bless your mate

23 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Sorry to hear this mate,chin up,make sure you have a few drams in his memory?

5 minutes ago, dytkos said:

R.I.P. Gary. Gone but not forgotten.

D.

Cheers Gents.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

kind and thoughtful gesture from you matey

rip gary

Thank You.I vividly remember when we(Gary) shot that hare,he had passed his driving test before me and had the use of his dad’s Ford Cortina estate 2.0L.We wired a lamp up under the bonnet direct to the battery using crocodile clips and a thick grey wire cable,the lamp was off some top pit machine that we acquired!!

Gary was driving I was the lamp man,both front car windows wound down,bloody freezing.Garys single barrel 12g was laden across our laps.and we drove the local mountain roads.

That hare was shot just above a village called Deri,on the Gelligaer/Merthyr Tydfil common.We didn’t give a hoot,I wouldn’t risk it today but you know young and dumb.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, patterdale said:

Thank You.I vividly remember when we(Gary) shot that hare,he had passed his driving test before me and had the use of his dad’s Ford Cortina estate 2.0L.We wired a lamp up under the bonnet direct to the battery using crocodile clips and a thick grey wire cable,the lamp was off some top pit machine that we acquired!!

Gary was driving I was the lamp man,both front car windows wound down,bloody freezing.Garys single barrel 12g was laden across our laps.and we drove the local mountain roads.

That hare was shot just above a village called Deri,on the Gelligaer/Merthyr Tydfil common.We didn’t give a hoot,I wouldn’t risk it today but you know young and dumb.

Me and a mate used to do the same, we used to call it going on a mobile but our prey was rabbits.

• Like 1