Bit of advice really

I've had lurchers before but this 6 month old pup is something else she is super hyper like running round the house bouncing off sofas tables take her out she runs up to people jumping at them in the face bouncing round trying to wind other dogs up for a chase I just can't seem to calm her the f**k down ?? she is on mackerel green tripe and her staple dog food is Wainwright's any advice to calm her down please my other lurchers were no were near as hypo

16360356478087838916898345907281.jpg

Don't play in house , get it crate trained , get it out for lots of walks , preferably where there aren't other dogs or people, management over punishment. Keep her on a lead until she settles a bit. Normally a few blasts around a field takes the edge off them , get a ball thrower. 

Can’t really believe this post. 6 month old pup acting up ffs. I always remember a quote, ‘when a dog is on the lead, they can do what they want, but when a dog is off the lead they do what you want. Seems to me you are a young fella who could do with a bit of training yourself. OMO by the way. Breeding is something you haven’t mentioned. I’m again of the opinion, some breeds(cross breeds) that without doubt some are more hyper than others. I have ran a few and without doubt there have been rowdy buggers. They will run it out of the system given the right amount of work. Good luck. Jok.

its bouncing mate ?first id stop it jumpng at you mate tell it down might even have to scruff it a few time until it stops youll end up blacked eyed if not sooner or later ?then it wont do it to strangers the winding dogs up etc is hard unless a dog knacks it or it will do that its bouncing thats all 

the jumping about couch to couch is hard unless you crate it until its been walked tired out 

the lads dog whisperers on here so far will have spaniels shepherds collies etc they are alot easier to sort out ?good luck?

• Like 1

As much as I was being a bit tongue in cheek, all pups are different. Some are like old dogs from young, some are just the devil. Generally they grow out of the worst by 7/8 months of age. On the upside the hardest work pups often make the best dog’s.... they are confident and full of drive. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

As much as I was being a bit tongue in cheek, all pups are different. Some are like old dogs from young, some are just the devil. Generally they grow out of the worst by 7/8 months of age. On the upside the hardest work pups often make the best dog’s.... they are confident and full of drive. 

I hope so cause this cants driving me insane 

• Haha 1