Plummer terriers

bunnyboiler

often thought about getting one, for bushing and doing a bit of ferreting with, not had any experience of seeing them at work first hand though, talking to a few lads who have worked them, been told they are excellent at the job they were bred for ratting,but for bushing they told me, that plummers will shy away from real heavy cover, sustain lots of bleedin from ears and skin is not great on them tears easy,would they be steady enough to train to work with ferrets and maybe a bit of gun work.

21 minutes ago, grompz said:

often thought about getting one, for bushing and doing a bit of ferreting with, not had any experience of seeing them at work first hand though, talking to a few lads who have worked them, been told they are excellent at the job they were bred for ratting,but for bushing they told me, that plummers will shy away from real heavy cover, sustain lots of bleedin from ears and skin is not great on them tears easy,would they be steady enough to train to work with ferrets and maybe a bit of gun work.

Had a plummer for 14 years before he passed . great dog would hunt anything ,would work the thickest cover bolt rabbits to my beddy whippet never complained ,great marker but not to be trusted near ferrets,tried everything, he was 18 month old when I got him though 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...