Evening

6 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Good shooting vm, but I still don’t know why it’s far better than .22lr ? Don’t get me wrong, I love fac air, but I’ve shot more with .22 rimfire than any other calibre, shotguns, rifles and airguns. 

More accurate, less ricochet , can shoot further , take it down in power with in seconds. That is just for starters 

• Confused 1
14 minutes ago, villaman said:

More accurate, less ricochet , can shoot further , take it down in power with in seconds. That is just for starters 

Yerr, less ricochet and you can turn the power down, as you can with different rimfire ammo. I don’t know about more accurate and shoot further though?

33 minutes ago, villaman said:

How accurate is 22lr at 150-200 yards ?

With match ammo, pretty good, I’ve shot out to 160-170 but haven’t tried them at 200. I’ve shot plenty of rabbits at 150 yards plus with .22 because that’s all I had, but if I wanted to shoot them further out I’d use centrefire which is dead easy at those ranges. Used to head shoot foxes always with .22 rimfire as well, and a lot further than the 50 yards they say these days. A old pal of mine shot a fox as it sat yawning, he dropped a 40 grain subsonic in its mouth and the bullet exited the top of its head and that paced out over 120 yards, couldn’t have been a cleaner kill. Foxes must be ‘arder nowadays ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 19/11/2021 at 12:06, dbarnard2 said:

hopefully get out and try these over the weekend.....only problem I can see is the barrel length.....FX Bobcat barrel is 500mm.....recommended barrel is 600mm... we shall see......

I'm using fx verminator 177

And knockout slugs that mitch (villaman) so kindly sent up for me 

I'm so impressed with them 

I'm going to buy more of them 

Very accurate out to 60 yrds 

(not had a chance to test them out ferther yet) 

But the results up to now are very very good 

And they hit hard very hard 

Atvbjimmy ???

IMG_20211119_224236.jpg

IMG_20211121_121417.jpg

IMG_20211121_121433.jpg