Boot recommendations

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jake the peg? Cheers, D.

Haix cold weather,grade 1's,couple of licks of dubbin...£29:95 a pair...can't go wrong ?

I had altberg and never lasted a season spend the extra and get some meindl droves had mine 6 year now and still 100% waterproof 

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I be trying a pair next time round. Heard too many good reviews to ignore em, an most from guys who on there feet all day?

You won’t go wrong with them, comfortable, hard wearing, and relatively low maintenance, 

23 hours ago, ands said:

Any one who does a lot on rocks try out Hiax boots they're cheap enough (2nd hand army ones on ebay £35) and a damn site safer than any boot with vibram soles.

My last 3 pairs have all been haix...they last me 2 seasons minimum out with the dogs and wearing to work 6 days a week...I wouldn't buy anything else now?

Take a pasting in concrete,tying steel etc...

These pair I've abused,split em,feet still dry,last longer if I keep on top of the dubbing ?DSC_1806.JPG.478771ca462134103e682b6bd40dc29d.JPGDSC_1807.JPG.c08907bf73f239b7345517c072b6b515.JPG

• Like 1

If I was digging to terriers I'd always go Fell Boots, though if I wanted something 'more comfortable' I'd go for Glockners or another heavy duty mountain boot.

If it was just lurcherwork and general winter hunting then them Hiax are decent enough for the price, or half decent Karrimor from Sports Direct (loads to choose from).

For summer hunting get yourself some of them Nike Air Max. Superb over hard ground and will see you skipping when your Bull cross is near crippled.... ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Got a pair of Lowa Tibet,would like another pair of Lowa as the soles are going, worn them on 3 continents and put some miles on them, great boots, just been into the store and there's 3 different styles, anyone used any of them? 

IMG_20220427_161315.jpg

IMG_20220427_161304.jpg

8 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Haix cold weather,grade 1's,couple of DSC_1935.JPG.23e82f73d46af9ce8339da9e1872b6af.JPGDSC_1936.JPG.6c819d5f5ff189f5384883b00fdd7949.JPGDSC_1937.JPG.f0ef3c069a7971004b367e7a42438204.JPGlicks of dubbin...£29:95 a pair...can't go wrong ?

What I wear them. Can’t go wrong for the money. I had dear boots and start to leak after a season ??

4 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

What I wear them. Can’t go wrong for the money. I had dear boots and start to leak after a season ??

Mrs bought me a green goretex pair of fancy Harkila boots when they first did the rounds...pissed in water after 3 times out digging ?I've tried loads of boots on others recommendations over the yrs,never got more than a season from anything and always been disappointed..I'm on my 4th pair of Haix boots,never payed more than £40 a pair and they last me at least 2 seasons,I wear them as my work boots and out with the dogs,fishing etc...even got the Mrs a pair for when the apocalypse comes??

Just now, Daniel cain said:

Mrs bought me a green goretex pair of fancy Harkila boots when they first did the rounds...pissed in water after 3 times out digging ?I've tried loads of boots on others recommendations over the yrs,never got more than a season from anything and always been disappointed..I'm on my 4th pair of Haix boots,never payed more than £40 a pair and they last me at least 2 seasons,I wear them as my work boots and out with the dogs,fishing etc...even got the Mrs a pair for when the apocalypse comes??

They are the best I have found. Decent ankle support and feet always warm like you say £40 can’t go wrong ? and there fair bit of leather which is always good come then end ?

18 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Can’t go wrong, bar bunions athletes scabby feet or a sole full a veruca ??? trampy  cnuts ?

Never had you down as a boot snob lol 

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1