Getting my lurcher his first Rabbit

4 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I honestly don't think it does ,1 running about in circles not knowing where 2 go until even the daftest o pups eventually treads on it ,the will be no more prepared 4 a proper un than pup that ain't seen 1 before imho mf

So what's he going to do without any ferrets or a busher, hedge sitters ain't easy during the light. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nearly a year after posting he got his rabbit! ? I did take him a few times after I posted this but didn’t get any good opportunities then got mad busy with work.  Anyway took him weds he had two de

Dropping rabbits for dogs is a wanker move  that’s what clueless wankers do??but you can see why the running dog games nearly f****d with advice like that given out 

I picked up my first lurcher last year, he's a good lad, very intelligent and responsive.  His recall is good, he will retrieve a rabbit dummy back to hand over a farm gate. He has good prey driv

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

You sound a tad sensitive for this game mate. ?

Chasing and catching doesn't educate a dog, you're right mate. ?

Read the post, he's talking about daytime and how he can't get close to the rabbits. 

And if you read my post again you will see I said if he wants to hunt those hedge sitters regularly during the daytime he'd be better off getting a ferret. 

I’m not sensitive I just point out I couldn’t give a f**k an I’m not in to all this matey matey shit with randoms of some interweb forum doing this nights out for nights out with people I don’t know from next man 

chasing an catching is in the dogs genetic makeup that’s what they do??but a rabbit plugged from some wood land an taken to the middle of some field an dropped /baited ain’t going to run the same as a bolted rabbit that knows it’s patch is all it teaches is the owner drops rabbits that will run shit because it ain’t a clue we’re it’s going 

The post has been read he wants to lamp hence why he’s bought a lamp but he’s been told to catch daytime rabbits owning a ferret is no good to a man that wants to lamp 

• Haha 1
Just now, poxon said:

I’m not sensitive I just point out I couldn’t give a f**k an I’m not in to all this matey matey shit with randoms of some interweb forum doing this nights out for nights out with people I don’t know from next man 

chasing an catching is in the dogs genetic makeup that’s what they do??but a rabbit plugged from some wood land an taken to the middle of some field an dropped /baited ain’t going to run the same as a bolted rabbit that knows it’s patch is all it teaches is the owner drops rabbits that will run shit because it ain’t a clue we’re it’s going 

The post has been read he wants to lamp hence why he’s bought a lamp but he’s been told to catch daytime rabbits owning a ferret is no good to a man that wants to lamp 

You haven't read his post properly cos he clearly asked about the best way to catch a rabbit during the daytime. 

34 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Why the confused look mate, netting rabbits is all about the catch mate? 

I'm not fussed if folk want to net rabbits but it ain't exactly the same as bolting them for the dogs is it? 

I just find it amusing the uproar of folk using a dropper for a pup when it's no less sporting than netting a bolted rabbit. 

It’s not only less sporting it’s baiting (illegal) you try telling anybody who goes ferreting that catching rabbits in nets isn’t sporting, you’re just talking out of your arsehole f***ing idiot.

Edited by Countryman62
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, poxon said:

it teaches the dog that they need to get ready to turn when to slow up how to use there mouth out in the open poxon but lads normally do it 4-5 month old not a year ?

• Thanks 1
Just now, Countryman62 said:

It’s not only less sporting it baiting (illegal) you try telling anybody who goes ferreting that catching rabbits in nets isn’t sporting, you’re just talking out of your arsehole f***ing idiot.

You are a fecking idiot mate, explain how netting rabbits is sporting you clown. ?

It's just an effective way of getting the numbers, nothing more, nothing less. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

You are a fecking idiot mate, explain how netting rabbits is sporting you clown. ?

It's just an effective way of getting the numbers, nothing more, nothing less. 

Ferreting is sporting as well as a very effective method of pest control.

Edited by Countryman62
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it teaches the dog that they need to get ready to turn when to slow up how to use there mouth out in the open poxon but lads normally do it 4-5 month old not a year ?

That's it mate, again it's not something I've ever needed to do cos I've always mooched with a busher or gone ferreting during the daytime.

I know what they are getting at though cos all that could be taught on the lamp. 

Edited by Greb147