Getting my lurcher his first Rabbit

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

You haven't read his post properly cos he clearly asked about the best way to catch a rabbit during the daytime. 

It clearly says he’s been told (obviously by another fool who ain’t got a clue) about day time is the easiest after he’s bought a lamp so there for he wants to lamp or he would of said he’s just bought some ferrets or nets I’ll Agee to disagree here it makes no difference to me 

• Haha 1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nearly a year after posting he got his rabbit! ? I did take him a few times after I posted this but didn’t get any good opportunities then got mad busy with work.  Anyway took him weds he had two de

Dropping rabbits for dogs is a wanker move  that’s what clueless wankers do??but you can see why the running dog games nearly f****d with advice like that given out 

I picked up my first lurcher last year, he's a good lad, very intelligent and responsive.  His recall is good, he will retrieve a rabbit dummy back to hand over a farm gate. He has good prey driv

Posted Images

Just now, poxon said:

It clearly says he’s been told (obviously by another fool who ain’t got a clue) about day time is the easiest after he’s bought a lamp so there for he wants to lamp or he would of said he’s just bought some ferrets or nets I’ll Agee to disagree here it makes no difference to me 

Read his post very slowly and carefully Poxy, he specifically asks what is the best way to get a daytime catch. ?

13 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

So what's he going to do without any ferrets or a busher, hedge sitters ain't easy during the light. 

unless the dog has a good nose and great in cover youll struggle to catch regular rabbits daytime with just a lurcher 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

unless the dog has a good nose and great in cover youll struggle to catch regular rabbits daytime with just a lurcher 

Exactly what I've said again mate, if all the rabbits in that area sit tight during the daytime he's better off expanding his permission if he wants to catch often in the daytime unless of course he goes ferreting. 

Just now, Countryman62 said:

People go ferreting for a hobby, because they enjoy it, that’s sport to them and nothing wrong with it.

You're missing my point but I'll say it again, netting rabbits is not sporting, never has been. 

Folk can do as they please but netting them isn't giving the rabbit a sporting chance. 

I always start a pup off with some ferretting into nets, with another seasoned dog...teach them some manners and to steady them up,can't stand a dog that can't sit still ...when the dog knows what a rabbit is,I take them out and look for a squatter or 2...slow and steady wins the race?

DSC_2195.JPG.2cda7b42a4dce6c7fda30f08a188a1b0.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

yes but take a young dog daft keen dog to the wrong land and its full pelt at a dyke rabbit turns dog isnt expecting it its a wrap mate 

That’s why we’re at the top of the food chain mC, I wouldn’t and I presume you wouldn’t put a dog in such unfavourable conditions to begin it’s hunting education, you make it easy as possible for the dog and that includes the ground it’s gonna run on, and btw young dogs can be keen but rarely are they daft imo.

Edited by Countryman62