Zeroing in

I have an Air Arms S410 and use Diablo Field pellets and I zeroed in to 50 yards but the groupings aren’t perfect and then I put targets at 35 yards, 25 yards and 10 yards to see where the pellet was landing like at 10 yards at the moment it’s 4 mil dots up and 1 to the right and at 25 yards it’s 5 mil dots up and 1 to the right but it keeps changing.I went out shooting not realising why I was missing everything and went home and realised that it was different, one day it’s 4 mil dots up and 1 to the right and the next day it’s 3 or 5 mil dots up and one to the right it doesn’t make sense because I’m not shooting in the wind or anything and at 10,25 yards I doubt a slight little breeze would change much and it keeps changing.

The black target is at 50 yards earlier on today and the rabbit target was later on today and I was aiming for the eye.

Any ideas why it doesn’t just stay the same?

82072254-5FA5-48B0-8703-4C894F5D1F93.jpeg

60C379FD-6397-487B-9E6D-7B826D5AA973.jpeg

53 minutes ago, SKoT wolf said:

Is it .177 ? Try zero at 35 yards.. if its doing about 10.5-11.5 ftlb you should probably be within an inch between like 12 and 40 yards. At 50 you might have to holdover by about a cm or so.. i zero all my .177s at about 35 yards

It’s .22

Is it possible that your zero and target work is varying because perhaps the gun is not stable.  Not wishing to sound a prick but how experienced at air rifle shooting are you as this may help us to offer further advice. 

Phil

• Like 1
10 hours ago, philpot said:

Is it possible that your zero and target work is varying because perhaps the gun is not stable.  Not wishing to sound a prick but how experienced at air rifle shooting are you as this may help us to offer further advice. 

Phil

I don’t think so because I’m shooting on a bag and holding my breath and everything and only firing when it’s bang on 

• Like 1

Should zero in at 27-30 yards depending on weight of pellets 

Have you cleaned the barrel, if not do it before you shoot again 

is the mod on proper  or is it clipping the mod 

size of pellets can make a big difference 5.51 5.52 & 5.53 

try different makes of pellets & different weights 

Are you shooting in windy conditions 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, villaman said:

Should zero in at 27-30 yards depending on weight of pellets 

Have you cleaned the barrel, if not do it before you shoot again 

is the mod on proper  or is it clipping the mod 

size of pellets can make a big difference 5.51 5.52 & 5.53 

try different makes of pellets & different weights 

Are you shooting in windy conditions 

I cleaned the barrel a few weeks ago and I think the mod is on properly and I can’t see any places where they’ve clipped it and I’m only shooting when the wind stops.I think I’ll try some different pellets and see how they compare 

Is it the scope???   

Many cheaper scopes have issues with engineering and dialling in is where it commonly manifests itself.  Other than for wind, there should be no need for left/right adjustment when dialling in, you should only need up or down, if the scope is mounted straight!!

Make sure scope is bolted on firmly as well.

Pellets have been mentioned, always worth trying others and particularly size variations as well.