Scottish consultation on hunting with dogs

On 30/10/2021 at 18:36, AndyD89 said:

I have faith we are going to have abit of a reset in this country at some stage. We carnt keep going down this road of pandering to the kinda snowflake and woke way of looking at everything. Where u carnt disagree with or criticise anyone , where u are pushed to be ashamed of our history and heritage and anyone who disagrees with it and speaks out against it is immediately a racist or homophobe or any other “ist” or “phobe” u wanna pull out of thin air. 

Cos I really believe that this way of thinking is in reality a small minority.  Yet we seem to go down this road more and more and pander to it more and more.  I really don’t think most people in the uk think like this. 

I reckon if u asked the average person on the street what the laws are around hunting with dogs, they wouldn’t have a clue and wouldn’t care.  I really do think we pander to a very loud and intolerant  minority on so many things, it’s bloody crazy and won’t last I hope.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It always amazes me. All of the dark and horrible stuff happening in the world, all of the ways our planet and society are falling apart ........ and folk are passionately worried about people chasing

I have faith we are going to have abit of a reset in this country at some stage. We carnt keep going down this road of pandering to the kinda snowflake and woke way of looking at everything. Where u c

Snp and green party going to f..k a way of life in scotland  there c**ts 

Posted Images

Given the political make-up of Scotland and the deal Sturgeon has done with the Greens, I think there is an even more challenging time ahead, sadly.

As I’ve said previously the politically driven ‘review’ of fox hunting is even contemplating making ratting and rabbiting unlawful in Scotland. Imagine that. Thats why I BTTT this thread yesterday as it is time for anyone living in Scotland who values their fieldsports to start engaging in this process, probably starting with the consultation posted at the top of this thread, however flawed it might be. 

I spoke to someone recently who is involved in the debates at the very top and he told me that despite there being thousands of people involved in fieldsports north of the border and it being ingrained in the country, people do very little to protect what is left. In contrast the highly motivated antis and Greens are relentless. Apparently there is even a parliamentary group called ‘rabbits have rights’ 

Time for the Scottish fieldsports silent majority to start getting stuck-in before it’s too late. Good luck. 

• Like 6
On 30/10/2021 at 17:08, Luckee legs said:

Hi there, I picked this link from Twitter feed of Tweed Valley Rat Pack. Worth taking a few minutes to fill in this survey re. hunting with dogs in Scotland. As I went through it is clear this is not just "clarification" there are people seeking to changing the rules on hunting rabbits and rats. Not in a good way ?

T.CO

Find and participate in consultations run by The Scottish Government

The Scottish consultation on hunting with dogs (including ratting and rabbiting) closes tomorrow. 

• 2 months later...