Gary hosker

On 06/11/2021 at 08:17, fred90 said:

lovely seeing that again, takes me back to when I read those articles. times have certainly changed, and not for the better. 

They have mate its changed now you've got idiots that have no respect for one another so never mind land an owners. You can Imagine the shite there parents have had to go through the shite talk that comes out of there mouths poor b*****ds lol. Many can't keep a decent conversation going about hunting an proper good days out with decent men proper hunting men. I'm glad it takes you back Fred puts that spring back in your shoe. Some times when im reading the old articles on hunting or bird keeping in magazines or on the laptop . The misses will say what's so funny  " as she's watching over an can see me grinning " 

• Like 2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the man who views the world at 50 the same as he viewed it at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.......  we all think different as we get older Phil, ?

Does it really matter wether Spud was a world beater or not. By the writings in the shooting news I think Gary was more than happy with the dog and that's what really matters to anyone who has hunted

Posted Images

On 06/11/2021 at 12:29, jackthelad said:

true that i had a pup just ready to start when my da died christ me an that dog had some fun that winter 5 year ago on the 10 of this month

A dog can get you through some dark times, I always grab the leads once I feel the dark cloud of depression coming and it soon clears once out in the fields .

• Like 10
34 minutes ago, dytkos said:

I find being alone in the dark out in the fields focuses the mind, I prefer to lamp alone although I've had my best nights in company, go figure? I suppose the happy medium applies.

Cheers, D.

I find falling over less embarrassing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Will always have a dog, love to walk out and reminisce about the past go to old haunts think of mischief I got upto in the past with sadly fellow miscreants who sadly are no longer on this mortal coil. people who gave me a chance when I was a young lad showed me the ropes taught how to train a pup and more importantly patience while waiting for it to mature . But as with other things you end up taking a back seat as things like family work keeping a roof over your head take up priority. Unfortunately by the time you have reached the goals you set yourself and achieved your goals  you find you my have stood still but times certainly haven't. And with today's penalties also my urge to hunt has dimmed as well . I do trial biking fishing walking with dog etc etc . And from now on as with my last dog will get a rescue lurcher and give it the life it deserves. But I certainly won't entertain one from these militant nutter rescue groups who seem more hell bent on rescue than actually rehoming them . Fortunately still plenty to see and do and visit and as I have a P/time 3 day a week driving job all over the lakes Wales etc I am quiet content with that .only down side they won't let shove the dog in the cab the tarts .

Edited by gasaxeman
Misspellings
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, gasaxeman said:

Will always have a dog, love to walk out and reminisce about the past go to old haunts think of mischief I got upto in the past with sadly fellow miscreants who sadly are no longer on this mortal coil. people who gave me a chance when I was a young lad showed me the ropes taught how to train a pup and more importantly patience while waiting for it to mature . But as with other things you end up taking a back seat as things like family work keeping a roof over your head take up priority. Unfortunately by the time you have reached the goals you set yourself and achieved your goals  you find you my have stood still but times certainly haven't. And with today's penalties also my urge to hunt has dimmed as well . I do trial biking fishing walking with dog etc etc . And from now on as with my last dog will get a rescue lurcher and give it the life it deserves. But I certainly won't entertain one from these militant nutter rescue groups who seem more hell bent on rescue than actually rehoming them . Fortunately still plenty to see and do and visit and as I have a P/time 3 day a week driving job all over the lakes Wales etc I am quiet content with that .only down side they won't let shove the dog in the cab the tarts .

Good on ya ? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
4 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

3/4 grey 1/4 beddy if I remember rightly 

As I sometimes tell people, apart from the things I cannot remember, I don't forget very much

Alas you are correct 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, low plains drifter said:

3/4 grey 1/4 beddy if I remember rightly 

As I sometimes tell people, apart from the things I cannot remember, I don't forget very much

Alas