Seals in river

How many lads seen seals in there swim while fishing was at Ulleskelf this afternoon  for couple hours the river is  tidal there and heard rumours that one was knocking about sat watching rods after a barbel and see what I think is a log floating down my side of river just upstream from me turns out it’s a seal chomping down on a nice sized bream floated down river with its dinner not 20ft out from me not bothered about me in the slightest got a couple of short videos of it on way past less than a hour later it swims upstream of me actually under my rods not in slightest bit afraid if someone could take explain how to upload videos to site I’ll put them on this topic 

• Like 2

I had one couple of years ago it was at topcliffe, middle of the night I was woke by a sneezing noise from the river. I got up and turned my head torch on and then there was an allmighty splash and bow wave.  Totally shocked I slept with 1 eye open that night. It hung about most of the night. In the morning the bailiff told me the seal beached itself at night where my bivvy was. 

Another time I was at Tadcaster must have been around 2000 I was down by mucky hole and one popped it's head up, then disappeared. My mate I was stood next to missed it - I said to him did you just see that seal? he laughed his head off and called me a few swear words lol. It was in the Yorkshire Post days later. 

There a pain in the ass now so many of them. They come right up to the weir here hammer the Salmond, somebody told me the other day there was three laid out up there. Hundreds around the coast now hard to catch a Plaice from shore now, rip the Mackerel off the feathers at Hopes Nose. Flounders are scarce they love them. They want a bit of lead in one ear bloody things.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

see them in the tay often at perth an just in from dundee on the estuary...was working in dunvegan harbour on skye few year ago all the seals gt out the water sharpish asked an old fella what they where scared of he told me some grey seals eat the harbour seals

• 1 month later...
On 29/10/2021 at 07:33, BEARINATOR said:

A few are seen in the wear but most of the times I just have otters on my swim 

Seen seals as far up as fat field, there's otters in the wear now as far down as South Hylton to Southwick,often seen in Daytime. 

• Like 1