What caliber for alligator

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10g muzzleloader with 2oz of #4 buck and stop piddling about with peashooters!

My gat gun will kill any alligators in my area??

Posted Images

I’ve just had a read through this , I’m a big fan of “ swamp people “ and I’ve watched every episode. Most of the shots at a Gator on the are off a rocking boat or hanging off a branch on the bank . In the OP the shots are at or about a 100 meters. What advantage has a 22-250 over any other centre fire ?  500 ft per second? I am only guessing , but any centre fire capable of putting a bullet in an small target at or around 100 meters would be good enough. Opinions are like assholes ….. we’ve all got them .  

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve just had a read through this , I’m a big fan of “ swamp people “ and I’ve watched every episode. Most of the shots at a Gator on the are off a rocking boat or hanging off a branch on the bank . In the OP the shots are at or about a 100 meters. What advantage has a 22-250 over any other centre fire ?  500 ft per second? I am only guessing , but any centre fire capable of putting a bullet in an small target at or around 100 meters would be good enough. Opinions are like assholes ….. we’ve all got them .  

Yep and usually full of crap too. 

I watched Tim Wells the other day spear a baited alligator.  Now your talking ?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

The 100yd is average but can very. Anyway originally I think he said he was using a .270 problem with that was possible ricochets and wasn't as fast as shooting. The 22-250 was much flatter shooting at the 3200-3400fps he was pushing those varmint grandes basically made it so even if he missed and hit water the bullet would just fragment instead of ricocheting like most of the rounds would at lower speed out of other guns. But again that's his thoughts on it. I know alot of of others prefer a .243.  come to think of it most of those longer shots front he early seasons I think where with .243's ?

Another thing is this guy is contracted by the state for gator removal so his situations are a bit different then swamp people. Pretty sure he's setting up on a levee shooting at a downward angles when ever possible.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Also what friggen season are they on now ? Got kinda burnt out around season 4

I just like hearing Troy , “ we gat a tree shaker “ ….. “ “ shood it , shood it “ , or “dis here da honey hole “. 

But I agree , once you have seen one you’ve seen em all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I just like hearing Troy , “ we gat a tree shaker “ ….. “ “ shood it , shood it “ , or “dis here da honey hole “. 

I’ve seen every episode an watch it for Ashley dead eye Jones ?

also seen the ones where Troy , his boys an Bruce  go to Florida to catch the pythons .

• Like 2
On 15/11/2021 at 00:43, forest of dean redneck said:

I’ve seen every episode an watch it for Ashley dead eye Jones ?

also seen the ones where Troy , his boys an Bruce  go to Florida to catch the pythons .

Wait wait wait,they did what 

• 7 months later...
On 15/11/2021 at 06:11, shovel leaner said:

Top man Troy / it’s a big one ?

19 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Beats most of the other shite on the box for sure .Only thing I can’t watch in that vein is Brown town ,the inbred Alaska farce thingy shite .

Mountain Mens good some great characters on that but yeh Alaskan Bush People shite ?

• Like 1