Christmas wish lists

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bought the wife a fishing reel she was non to pleased, in the end I said well if you're not going to use it I might as well. Cheers Arry

Then don’t give fukc all to the older kids. They will soon learn. 

For Christmas I’d like a day without …. a ) getting slapped awake by my 4 year old boy and as soon as I open my eyes being asked if I “want a fight like? “  b) not get my eyes pulled out at

Posted Images

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

What's that got to do with catching hares?  I'm talking about lurchers catching hares, of which there are LOADS.

im saying a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie may knock over a few soft hares but on descent ground a half descent hare will take the piss out of it mate 

were are these loads a lurchers taking hares you speak of shaark?

Magoo, I really don't understand exactly what you're getting at, unless you're like the majority of the saluki cross/type people on here, that disregard, and WON'T believe that ANY dog, unless it's mostly saluki bred, can catch hares!  You are much mistaken Magoo.  ?

Just now, shaaark said:

Magoo, I really don't understand exactly what you're getting at, unless you're like the majority of the saluki cross/type people on here, that disregard, and WON'T believe that ANY dog, unless it's mostly saluki bred, can catch hares!  You are much mistaken Magoo.  ?

i know others can mate but not the strong hares shaark i wouldnt a took my bitza to biggish land strong hares in winter the dog would be ruined when it got on a strong one ?

11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i know others can mate but not the strong hares shaark i wouldnt a took my bitza to biggish land strong hares in winter the dog would be ruined when it got on a strong one ?

You haven't seen as much as you think you have, Magoo.  Regardless of where you live, and the land/slop you run.

If you knew your 'bitsa' couldn't do it, why take it?  You can gauge how fast/capable a dog is on rabbits, before you try them on hares,!

Sorry Magoo, just read my post back.  ?

Edited by shaaark
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

You haven't seen as much as you think you have, Magoo.  Regardless of where you live, and the land/slop you run.

If you knew your 'bitsa' couldn't do it, why take it?  You can gauge how fast/capable a dog is on rabbits, before you try them on hares,!

my bitza could swipe soft uns mate had about 2 and half mins in the tank so id run hedgy land 

its common sense a strong hare will still be ripping out a turns 4 mins in on open land 

nothing has that in the tank unless it has more than half saluki thats just a fact mate 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

my bitza could swipe soft uns mate had about 2 and half mins in the tank so id run hedgy land 

its common sense a strong hare will still be ripping out a turns 4 mins in on open land 

nothing has that in the tank unless it has more than half saluki thats just a fact mate 

We talking about different land, times and methods, Magoo.  Something which gets lost and confused, these days.

?

• Like 1
On 28/10/2021 at 12:26, gnasher16 said:

Im after a couple of nice " dog pictures " for my new little log cabin gaff.....artist/portrait type things,who is the kiddie for that sort of thing these days im told a chap called Brain Priest is good,anyone heard of him ?

Advertises on Facebook has a page I think 

For Christmas I’d like a day without ….

a ) getting slapped awake by my 4 year old boy and as soon as I open my eyes being asked if I “want a fight like? “ 

b) not get my eyes pulled out at every advert break for LOL “merch” / make up / other assorted nonsense that wont get opened until March . 

c) be able to walk into a shop and not come out weighed down with leopard print jackets , f***ing SHOES , next ornaments or wall prints in hues of pastels that give me a headache . The fact it will all be half price in new year really adds to my calm acquiesce in such matters 

not a lot to ask for really ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

The best thing about moving 500 miles away from your relatives is that I now don’t have to endure the hideously strained Christmas dinners and sack loads of shit for the kids that will help them to quickly appreciate absolutely f**k all in life ! 

No “let’s pretend we are a family” get togethers to make out that all the time you can’t spare 5 minutes in your week all the rest of the year is really just down to circumstances and “not having time”

I not longer have to fight the urge like some sort of Jakyl & Hyde inner battle to not just stand up and ruin proceedings because I’m finding it all toe curlingly false.

I now just crack on with my wife and kids, in the middle of nowhere and that’s all I ever wanted for Christmas….Purfick ! As the man said ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Sorry Magoo, just read my post back.  ?

Greb is knocking over 5/5 mid winter hares on huge open fields with 6" of clay rich slop..and that's with an akita...

37 minutes ago, WILF said:

The best thing about moving 500 miles away from your relatives is that I now don’t have to endure the hideously strained Christmas dinners and sack loads of shit for the kids that will help them to quickly appreciate absolutely f**k all in life ! 

No “let’s pretend we are a family” get togethers to make out that all the time you can’t spare 5 minutes in your week all the rest of the year is really just down to circumstances and “not having time”

I not longer have to fight the urge like some sort of Jakyl & Hyde inner battle to not just stand up and ruin proceedings because I’m finding it all toe curlingly false.

I now just crack on with my wife and kids, in the middle of nowhere and that’s all I ever wanted for Christmas….Purfick ! As the man said ?

Sounds like heaven I've told my lot they can buy me and their mother a logcabin on the land the son in law owns on one of the Orkney Islands I would go in a heartbeat. 

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, shaaark said:

Glad you said that, greb.  I've owned a 3/4 grey/collie, and a more or less' 3/4 collie/grey, sired by 'hancock's taffy to a VERY greyhoundy mongrel lurcher bitch, that took LOADS of hares.

But people on here won't believe it, because they had no saluki blood in them.  ?

Believe it, Magoo.  There were/are plenty of lurchers with NO saluki blood in em, that could/did catch plenty of hares.  ?

The best hare dog I ever saw was a bitza a mate of mine swapped for a terrier back when coursing was still legal , he joined the coursing club at brean and this dog won everything the purists hated it because the hares never got away, he was out the slips one or two turns and bang not high scoring but the dog it was paired with never even got a turn in so it always won, these were proper 100 yard slips with a proper slipper not kick ups the next best dog was a beddy cross that never ran the hare but always new were it was going and used to just nail them as they ran through the gate he would just run off when the coursing dogs were slipped and wait by the gate caught more hares than any of the big dogs around at the time to the point no one would let him take it out coursing, ???

• Like 3

My little lads wish list (6 year old). A pair of overalls and a pair of sheep slippers (means the ones what look to have sheep's wool inside) then when I've finished my graft I can take my overalls off and put my warm slippers on do you want anything else? No thanks are you sure you can ask santa for more if you want erm ok some shortbread and a pint of milk.hes like a old man haha he never wants anything 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3