H&N F&T .22 5.54?

I tried the H&N .22 5.5X (doesn’t say what size they are precisely) in my 97KT and they were awful. For me they were very tight into the barrel and didn’t group at all well. Switched to 5.52 AA Diablos and they are v good indeed.

Edited by C3PO
1 hour ago, C3PO said:

I tried the H&N .22 5.5X (doesn’t say what size they are precisely) in my 97KT and they were awful. For me they were very tight into the barrel and didn’t group at all well. Switched to 5.52 AA Diablos and they are v good indeed.

Where did you get them mate? I’m wanting to try 5.54 if I can get any. Should be good for old British .22 barrels.

11 minutes ago, philpot said:

Yes, perhaps so but I cannot see that they would be suited to modern HW guns BUT perhaps they are.

No Phil, not hw’s, too tight for those. I also have a 1958 Webley senior .22 and it spits original 5.6 eley wasps out at just over 400fps, with most 5.5’s it’s well down on that figure and it’s easy to tell they’re just too loose. Same with my Webley mk3, it doesn’t feel as nice to shoot with 5.5’s and I’m now running low on original eley wasps in .22 and they’re getting scarce now so I’d like to find a viable replacement for the oldies?