Fences, walls or nothing .........

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rich dairy farm land to scrub and wide open plains

same local to me...big arable and thin hedges dykes etc..... i know up north gets mentioned alot with regards to stone walls and easy rabbits.....(rabbits being walled in )......interestingly tho

I like to show my dog’s videos of other dogs running. That’s dangerous enough for me ……

Posted Images

3 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Fences and ditches are a bad combination. Like I said we’ve very little fencing around here but in the corner of one field is a little run of very old three strand barb, there haven’t been cows on the ground in a long long time. Mate came down for a nights lamping, drove five hours, first slip and dog went sailing over the bit of fence after something, hit the far ditch bank as he came down and that was game over. The next slip my other mate who’d travelled down with him ended up with his dog retired. Not the most successful night ! 

Not really a personal dig, sheepy, but isn't that a tad 'remiss' on your part.  Your land, which you know very well, and you slip the dogs near to where you know there's danger?

I might be missing something here?

12 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Not really a personal dig, sheepy, but isn't that a tad 'remiss' on your part.  Your land, which you know very well, and you slip the dogs near to where you know there's danger?

I might be missing something here?

We run across quite a lot of perm. That block is 3000 acres. But next door is 3000, next door to that is 2500 etc. In all honesty I had never slipped a dog in that field before (that’s the first dog that hit the ditch). We quite often just do the same route around bits of it that we know well and usually finished the night before we get past that. We stopped at a junction that night and said “same bit as usual or shall we try the other side”. You live and you learn, I am now quite paranoid about the ditches. The second dog was just freak bad luck, running a big old lump down a stone track, she made contact and must have taken a full weight stamp on one front foot, against the stone track, it pancaked the foot. 

I didn’t take it as a dig at all mate. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, socks said:

I like to show my dog’s videos of other dogs running. That’s dangerous enough for me ……

32 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Mine get scared so I just watch judge rinder with them now 

I occasionally let mine out in the dark. ?

received_656708909046617.jpeg.4e1c98a784d6fb9e5065fd7faf696197.jpeg