Sis energy isotonic gels

One of the problems with anything " Isotonic " is that by its very nature it doesnt need water....but in reality in order for carbs to be absorbed through the gut they need to be diluted ...so in reality you want to be diluting the gel which defeats the object of having a gel !.....theoretically they are more for say a runner or biker to take mid race .....also a fully hydrated body cant absorb much more than about 60g of carbs per hour anyway....a lot of these companies like Science in Sport have realised the psychological benefits to taking " an Isotonic Gel " as opposed to a strong energy drink ?........did you keep your receipt ? ?

2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

One of the problems with anything " Isotonic " is that by its very nature it doesnt need water....but in reality in order for carbs to be absorbed through the gut they need to be diluted ...so in reality you want to be diluting the gel which defeats the object of having a gel !.....theoretically they are more for say a runner or biker to take mid race .....also a fully hydrated body cant absorb much more than about 60g of carbs per hour anyway....a lot of these companies like Science in Sport have realised the psychological benefits to taking " an Isotonic Gel " as opposed to a strong energy drink ?........did you keep your receipt ? ?

Thanks mate lol I got them for free so no damage to the pocket I do waste clearance/removal so come across some freebies now and again! 

???

1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Thanks mate lol I got them for free so no damage to the pocket I do waste clearance/removal so come across some freebies now and again! 

???

Take them to one of these " International Fitness Centres " they'll have them off you they love all that trendy shit ?

• Haha 1

Agree with Cragman above... i take the odd one for insurances purposes now on long rides and on unplanned rides, say when a mate drags me out with hardly and notice and I've eaten next to nothing at work earlier in the day. I've hit the "wall" proper twice before.. absolutely nothing at all left in the tank and last time i only had a mile and half until home, i had no choice but call at the paki shop and stuff a mars bar into my face and neck a can of full strength coke.. which i never drink by the way!! Old Sanjay must have thought I'd not eaten for days!! lol..

So yes, they've got a use.. but I'd never touch one unless it was a last resort and had all my normal food stuffs that I'd taken with me..

• Like 1

No use as a pre workout pal

they are a calorie heavy intake gel to assist with nutrition whilst doing distance events eg Ironman training . 

actually quite a credible company in that type of world . My boss at work was kinda half sponsored by them for a while 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

No use as a pre workout pal

they are a calorie heavy intake gel to assist with nutrition whilst doing distance events eg Ironman training . 

actually quite a credible company in that type of world . My boss at work was kinda half sponsored by them for a while 

Zzzzzzz……zzzzzzzz……zzzzzzzz

• Haha 1