Jump to content

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mate and his Oldman had an endless supply of peters pies/pastys....would mix it up in a massive tea urn with some kibble,what ever else was about, under a gas burner...walk out in the yard and 'tre

You are right there fellah👏 Its amazing what some dogs can survive on,...mind you, the poor feckers don't have much of a say in the matter, now do they😀  As for Vitalin,. well, I used to feed all

Raw feed all way

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Gilbey said:

This always comes up on these threads, so what? what does it affect?

Never noticed anything, and we eat all sorts that will be the same🤷🏻‍♂️

Makes no difference, I think it’s an old wives tale. When whole prey is fed, either to a pet or wild animal, it will eat meat, the intestines (which will be mainly veg) and bone. All these may digest differently but it doesn’t make one bit of difference. 

Link to post
4 hours ago, Gilbey said:

This always comes up on these threads, so what? what does it affect?

Never noticed anything, and we eat all sorts that will be the same🤷🏻‍♂️

Gilbey it was something I was told but I have no worries as I only feed raw and my 3 do well on it ,

After working for a well known working dog feed company for ten years and seeing what goes into it and conditions its made in it put me off feeding kibble full stop .lot of different names on the bags and % of this and that but in truth the only difference in % is the oil they put in , no I stick with raw .

  • Like 2
Link to post

even meat or hares rabbits ill cook for em i dont really feed raw now some is dodgy shite  an😂d feeding hares raw the basterds shart eating em before you get there 

a dog fed raw will have different acid etc to break it down to one fed cooked or kibble or so i thought so feeding both isnt getting the best from it  👍          

Link to post
8 hours ago, mC HULL said:

id do the same mooch meat one feed kibble 2nd feed of the day 

to much protein though will cause lactic acid makes kidneys work harder darker urine even blood after a bit a running 

When I fed kibble and raw I always fed separate like you but you can feed a well balanced raw diet without kibble .

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Just now, Moocher71 said:

When I fed kibble and raw I always fed separate like you but you can feed a well balanced raw diet without kibble .

 

i just dont trust alot a that raw moocher id rather take 5 mins to cook it mate 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
33 minutes ago, moonlighter said:

Makes no difference, I think it’s an old wives tale. When whole prey is fed, either to a pet or wild animal, it will eat meat, the intestines (which will be mainly veg) and bone. All these may digest differently but it doesn’t make one bit of difference. 

Yep, think the same 👍

 

12 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Gilbey it was something I was told but I have no worries as I only feed raw and my 3 do well on it ,

After working for a well known working dog feed company for ten years and seeing what goes into it and conditions its made in it put me off feeding kibble full stop .lot of different names on the bags and % of this and that but in truth the only difference in % is the oil they put in , no I stick with raw .

Tried a few things, but always gone back to tried and tested meat and biscuits. They've all had a take on it, and been fine

Link to post
Just now, mC HULL said:

i just dont trust alot a that raw moocher id rather take 5 mins to cook it mate 👍

I don't buy much from raw dog feed shop just the tripe ,most comes from butchers or a pal got small holding so trust what I'm feeding ,I boil rabbits ,hare and never buy that cheap stuff as it don't look right so wouldn't feed my lot on it  

  • Like 2
Link to post
5 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Yep, think the same 👍

 

Tried a few things, but always gone back to tried and tested meat and biscuits. They've all had a take on it, and been fine

We all feed differently and as long as they do OK on what we feed that's all that matters, 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Just now, Moocher71 said:

I don't buy much from raw dog feed shop just the tripe ,most comes from butchers or a pal got small holding so trust what I'm feeding ,I boil rabbits ,hare and never buy that cheap stuff as it don't look right so wouldn't feed my lot on it  

you get that feeling with some of that raw from the raw companys 😂has me on edge even fresh from asda i think has it been frozen or am i going to get worm eggs and i boil rabbits and hare so just do the sme with any raw now puts my mind at rest mate 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you get that feeling with some of that raw from the raw companys 😂has me on edge even fresh from asda i think has it been frozen or am i going to get worm eggs and i boil rabbits and hare so just do the sme with any raw now puts my mind at rest mate 👍

Can't beat feeding game at least you know what it is n we're its come from I don't even bother freezing it mine had hares at weekend straight from field and a pheasant each today I leave guts in as well like. 

Edited by dodger
  • Like 2
Link to post
37 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Gilbey it was something I was told but I have no worries as I only feed raw and my 3 do well on it ,

After working for a well known working dog feed company for ten years and seeing what goes into it and conditions its made in it put me off feeding kibble full stop .lot of different names on the bags and % of this and that but in truth the only difference in % is the oil they put in , no I stick with raw .

What was the company you worked for ? I’m guessing skinners for some reason, I’ve always wanted a tour around a dog food factory to see how it’s made and what goes in but perhaps ignorance is bliss

Link to post
4 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

What was the company you worked for ? I’m guessing skinners for some reason, I’ve always wanted a tour around a dog food factory to see how it’s made and what goes in but perhaps ignorance is bliss

Me to but I bet alot don't let people view, my mate toured the gilbertson n page plant tho and the huge GA and said he was impressed. 

Link to post
1 minute ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

What was the company you worked for ? I’m guessing skinners for some reason, I’ve always wanted a tour around a dog food factory to see how it’s made and what goes in but perhaps ignorance is bliss

They make a well known gun dog feed along with a well known collie women's kibble ,amount of times I see rats sinking into oil vats and bits of cats going along the belt because they fell asleep in machine and machine op didn't check before turning on in morning ,place was filthy and when top customers come in to check how it made they was given a set tour so they didn't see the he'll hole for what it was .

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...