Gain 28

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mate and his Oldman had an endless supply of peters pies/pastys....would mix it up in a massive tea urn with some kibble,what ever else was about, under a gas burner...walk out in the yard and 'tre

You are right there fellah? Its amazing what some dogs can survive on,...mind you, the poor feckers don't have much of a say in the matter, now do they?  As for Vitalin,. well, I used to feed all

Raw feed all way

Posted Images

4 hours ago, mushroom said:

And I say you're wrong.

My old lurcher, Tevor would bring live to hand, without so much as a broken rib. Yet the second I gave it him to eat, he'd would wolf it down.

Staffy the same ;)

Brilliant scran hares full of iron great recovery food

• Like 2
Just now, Moocher71 said:

Who's GA ? Place I worked made both of these and many more brands 

It's a huge place almost like a village than a factory they make most the well known foods in UK n Europe n the companies put there own labels on etc most these companies such as millies wolf heart are just packing/shipping plants they don't manufacture the food as alot presume, I thought they also did chudleys and csj? 

14 minutes ago, dodger said:

GA make chudleys don't they along with csj millies wolf heart barking heads n most of the grain free that you see

Do you know anyone that uses CSJ mate?, I've tried quite a few of their range, my dogs were ignoring a bowl of no grainer in favour of stale pieces of bread lol

4 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Do you know anyone that uses CSJ mate?, I've tried quite a few of their range, my dogs were ignoring a bowl of no grainer in favour of stale pieces of bread lol

I know a few drifter and they said it's not as good as it used to be n same for skinners not sure why maybe they changed the formula or something? 

Give that new Dr john hypoallergenic 30 20 a try mate it's good stuff I haven't heard a bad word said about but suppose we are only just going into November but so far so good. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dodger said:

I know a few drifter and they said it's not as good as it used to be n same for skinners not sure why maybe they changed the formula or something? 

Give that new Dr john hypoallergenic 30 20 a try mate it's good stuff I haven't heard a bad word said about but suppose we are only just going into November but so far so good. 

Harringtons lamb and rice does my dogs for the dry, raw chicken wings/thighs, sardines, tripe, salmon oil etc

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Harringtons lamb and rice does my dogs for the dry, raw chicken wings/thighs, sardines, tripe, salmon oil etc

A fella had a mally Grey x collie Grey this morning its a right good alrounder and always looks bang on he feeds it wagg worker who also make Harringtons n half a tin of butchers tripe through it n nothing else. 

Edited by dodger
5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

?im not talking a hare a few times a year rio im talking feeding them alot on them and running them a good bit daytime if youd done that youd know exactly what im saying mate 

i recon you need more  control ....dogs that i had in the past that caught hares week in week out were usually fed on the same hares when they got home.....cant say as ive ever had a dog that would start eating them after they caught them.

the exception to this is baby rabbits caught on summer walks.....ive had a few dogs that would devourer these as they retrieved them to me....so by the time they got to me ...they were gone 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Who's GA ? Place I worked made both of these and many more brands 

They'll do autarky as well then won't they mooch, tell us more what goes into these completes then as not often you speak to someone who's actually seen it all for real, what is the actual meat they use n percentages etc

20 minutes ago, TOMO said:

i recon you need more  control ....dogs that i had in the past that caught hares week in week out were usually fed on the same hares when they got home.....cant say as ive ever had a dog that would start eating them after they caught them.

the exception to this is baby rabbits caught on summer walks.....ive had a few dogs that would devourer these as they retrieved them to me....so by the time they got to me ...they were gone 

mine dont eat them tomo ?i dont feed them raw  hares i boil em up but its happened in the past seen it happen plenty mate

23 minutes ago, dodger said:

A fella had a mally Grey x collie Grey this morning its a right good alrounder and always looks bang on he feeds it wagg worker who also make Harringtons n half a tin of butchers tripe through it n nothing else. 

ones i seen on wagg worker have light brown cow pats ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

mine dont eat them tomo ?i dont feed them raw  hares i boil em up but its happened in the past seen it happen plenty mate

yeh im sure you have mate.. seen plenty....

but im going to be honest.... theres a lot of the point and slip lads that do bugger all dog training ...

i dont claim to be Cesar Milan ....but i can get some basic manners on a dog ....and retrieve traing to me is a big one...to my way of thinking it kind of reinforces the recall ...and bond to the owner...and the owner being the alpha male...

your obviously a beta male at best MC...lol 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3