Gain 28

30 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

I’d of thought there would be many rules and regs they would haves to follow in this day in age plus regular inspections and testing of the food to analysis protein/fat % ect 

This place makes horse feed as well and supply the Royal stables along with all the top racing stables and they didn't  test any of the feed until one of the queen's horses won gold Cup I think and was tested and came back as opiots in its blood because the feed had poppy seeds in it so she wasn't to happy ?  they have a lab and test horse feed for all kinds but only thing tested in dog feed is for contamination.

As for inspections they have a set walk for any visitor's that want to see how it's being made and they only shown what they want them to see, 

When I was there they had bags returned as folk finding bolts and Stanley blades in feed that had fallen in and one was returned because a customer feeding his dogs and dead rat fell into dog bowl .

I never see so many rats ,I thought I was seeing things when I first started as the wall looked to be moving and it was ,it's like watching the ratty grannatinol as they running along the pipes and jumping the traps with dead ones in that's been left for days before resetting it . We asked few times to bring dogs in to help keep them down but they only use bait and the dozens of feral cats that have been dumped there , 

• Haha 1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mate and his Oldman had an endless supply of peters pies/pastys....would mix it up in a massive tea urn with some kibble,what ever else was about, under a gas burner...walk out in the yard and 'tre

You are right there fellah? Its amazing what some dogs can survive on,...mind you, the poor feckers don't have much of a say in the matter, now do they?  As for Vitalin,. well, I used to feed all

Raw feed all way

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

This place makes horse feed as well and supply the Royal stables along with all the top racing stables and they didn't  test any of the feed until one of the queen's horses won gold Cup I think and was tested and came back as opiots in its blood because the feed had poppy seeds in it so she wasn't to happy ?  they have a lab and test horse feed for all kinds but only thing tested in dog feed is for contamination.

As for inspections they have a set walk for any visitor's that want to see how it's being made and they only shown what they want them to see, 

When I was there they had bags returned as folk finding bolts and Stanley blades in feed that had fallen in and one was returned because a customer feeding his dogs and dead rat fell into dog bowl .

I never see so many rats ,I thought I was seeing things when I first started as the wall looked to be moving and it was ,it's like watching the ratty grannatinol as they running along the pipes and jumping the traps with dead ones in that's been left for days before resetting it . We asked few times to bring dogs in to help keep them down but they only use bait and the dozens of feral cats that have been dumped there , 

Still trying to guess the company? Or are you sworn to secrecy 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, riohog said:

i would have thought worming your dogs regulaly as you should anyway there wouldnt be an issue ,the fact that its frozen would probebly kill any eggs anyway  ,

i only worm flea  every 3 month mate never had issues like you say most pet shop should be ok as its frozen i was talking about fresh in supermarkets has it been frozen and if it has was it for long enough 

12 hours ago, dodger said:

Can't beat feeding game at least you know what it is n we're its come from I don't even bother freezing it mine had hares at weekend straight from field and a pheasant each today I leave guts in as well like. 

All mine used to get entire game,  jackets an all. Never once did the lurcher not retrieve and start to eat the game and the staffy would be insulted if I even mentioned her in this ? The terriers would kill and fetch.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i only worm flea  every 3 month mate never had issues like you say most pet shop should be ok as its frozen i was talking about fresh in supermarkets has it been frozen and if it has was it for long enough 

Surely fresh meat from the supermarket wouldn’t contain worm eggs, what about when people eat rare steaks or make beef burgers from mince and have them pink in the middle people would be riddled with worms, i feed minced beef raw from Aldi twice a week and never had any problems and think it is better for them raw and also saves the mither of cooking it, the minced beef from Aldi says on the pack it is made up from a mix of frozen and fresh beef 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Surely fresh meat from the supermarket wouldn’t contain worm eggs, what about when people eat rare steaks or make beef burgers from mince and have them pink in the middle people would be riddled with worms, i feed minced beef raw from Aldi twice a week and never had any problems and think it is better for them raw and also saves the mither of cooking it, the minced beef from Aldi says on the pack it is made up from a mix of frozen and fresh beef 

why wouldnt it mate be tape worm on beef i think 

steaks are cooked on the outside so bacteria etc is killed the inside thats raw still has never been out in the open 

only a dimlo makes burgers from mince and eats them rare ?the raw bit has had chance to get contaminated burgers shouldnt be rare your asking to be badly mate

if your beef is frozen  frozen that will kill most parasites 

how is raw better for them than cooked ?

Edited by mC HULL
1 hour ago, mushroom said:

All mine used to get entire game,  jackets an all. Never once did the lurcher not retrieve and start to eat the game and the staffy would be insulted if I even mentioned her in this ? The terriers would kill and fetch.

i disagree mate if fed raw hares most will start muncnching them etc

Just now, mC HULL said:

i disagree mate if fed raw hares most will start muncnching them etc

And I say you're wrong.

My old lurcher, Tevor would bring live to hand, without so much as a broken rib. Yet the second I gave it him to eat, he'd would wolf it down.

Staffy the same ;)

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mushroom said:

And I say you're wrong.

My old lurcher, Tevor would bring live to hand, without so much as a broken rib. Yet the second I gave it him to eat, he'd would wolf it down.

Staffy the same ;)

shooting bunnys in summer for the staffy to retrieve is different to having a coursing dog that may have just had a grueller that is then layed with it until you get there mate you feed your dog hare without cooking it from a pup and course ever week and then tell me i was wrong mate ?

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

shooting bunnys in summer for the staffy to retrieve is different to having a coursing dog that may have just had a grueller that is then layed with it until you get there mate you feed your dog hare without cooking it from a pup and course ever week and then tell me i was wrong mate ?

only eat them if they come off the slop ?

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, riohog said:

only eat them if they come off the slop ?

?im not talking a hare a few times a year rio im talking feeding them alot on them and running them a good bit daytime if youd done that youd know exactly what im saying mate 

Just now, mC HULL said:

?im not talking a hare a few times a year rio im talking feeding them alot on them and running them a good bit daytime if youd done that youd know exactly what im saying mate 

if the fkr had a grulling chase its struggling to catch its breath never mind troffing  puss  

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, riohog said:

if the fkr had a grulling chase its struggling to catch its breath never mind troffing  puss  

what do you think itll do once its caught its breath itll start pulling at it opening it up rio running a 4 min mile you wont get there quick enough ?