Gain 28

1 hour ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

gain 28 isn’t a bad food for its price, firm poo dogs look well and coats shine but it’s only 13% fat as it’s designed for sprinting dogs more than endurance so if his dogs are out 5 days a week I’m not sure they would hold condition on it unless he added some fat to it everyday day as in lard or beef dripping or sunflower oil ect which is easy and cheap enough to do anyway, one thing I would tell him if he uses it or any dry food for that matter is to soak it in  plenty of warm water half an hour before feeding,  it amazes me how much water these dry foods will absorb if you let them soak for a while, just imagine if your giving them a big bowl of dry food and the dog isn’t the best drinker it’s got to really dehydrate them when there working hard 

I was told never to mix raw and kibble in same bowl as digesting time lot different? My lot do well on raw so no need for it  

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mate and his Oldman had an endless supply of peters pies/pastys....would mix it up in a massive tea urn with some kibble,what ever else was about, under a gas burner...walk out in the yard and 'tre

You are right there fellah? Its amazing what some dogs can survive on,...mind you, the poor feckers don't have much of a say in the matter, now do they?  As for Vitalin,. well, I used to feed all

Raw feed all way

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I was told never to mix raw and kibble in same bowl as digesting time lot different? My lot do well on raw so no need for it  

id do the same mooch meat one feed kibble 2nd feed of the day 

to much protein though will cause lactic acid makes kidneys work harder darker urine even blood after a bit a running 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Butler said:

As a rule I feed flesh but if I do use biscuits I use redmills Xcel.. That's for running dogs and gun dogs that are worked hard six days a week.. I've tried just about every sack of food on the market over the years and for the price you won't beat it imo.

Have you tried feeding good puppy complete during winter when working a dog hard ? If so do you still rate the redmills over that ?

21 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

I've been using the Ifor Williams canopies, got two thirds of a Hilux hood left in the freezer puts a sheen and lustre on the coat like no other

Stops them getting rather soaked 

1 hour ago, C.green said:

Ive found with some dogs your best of not bieng heavy on the flesh dont matter whether chicken beef lamb or tripes some do better on a complete and raw given once-twice a week i dont know why but thats what ive seen.

A lot of heavily saluki blooded dogs won’t hold condition off just meat, some need a good amount of carbs 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

This always comes up on these threads, so what? what does it affect?

Never noticed anything, and we eat all sorts that will be the same??‍♂️

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

This always comes up on these threads, so what? what does it affect?

Never noticed anything, and we eat all sorts that will be the same??‍♂️

It may offend there sensibilities, anyroad I find bounce chunks wi a bit o scrag end is as good as ote

• Like 1
16 hours ago, mC HULL said:

redmills high protein isnt it same as dr john 30 20 and eukanuba endurance etc 

what do lads think about high protein ?

I think good as long as from a good source but enough fat n plenty calories really important for them. 

7 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

gain 28 isn’t a bad food for its price, firm poo dogs look well and coats shine but it’s only 13% fat as it’s designed for sprinting dogs more than endurance so if his dogs are out 5 days a week I’m not sure they would hold condition on it unless he added some fat to it everyday day as in lard or beef dripping or sunflower oil ect which is easy and cheap enough to do anyway, one thing I would tell him if he uses it or any dry food for that matter is to soak it in  plenty of warm water half an hour before feeding,  it amazes me how much water these dry foods will absorb if you let them soak for a while, just imagine if your giving them a big bowl of dry food and the dog isn’t the best drinker it’s got to really dehydrate them when there working hard 

Very good post that cheers?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, OldPhil said:

There is nothing better, than feeding a dog top quality scran, and seeing the benefits and results, out in the field..?

Sky originals Feb07 083.jpg

Must admit I do like to see them enjoy there tucker after a hard day and earned it and getting that goodness back into them to help recovey.

Great photo..

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

doesnt make a light of difference ,,been doing it for years. ,and i dont soak the kibble  as long as there is water available  and there allways should be ..  

• Like 2