Gain 28

As a rule I feed flesh but if I do use biscuits I use redmills Xcel.. That's for running dogs and gun dogs that are worked hard six days a week.. I've tried just about every sack of food on the market over the years and for the price you won't beat it imo.

• Like 2

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mate and his Oldman had an endless supply of peters pies/pastys....would mix it up in a massive tea urn with some kibble,what ever else was about, under a gas burner...walk out in the yard and 'tre

You are right there fellah? Its amazing what some dogs can survive on,...mind you, the poor feckers don't have much of a say in the matter, now do they?  As for Vitalin,. well, I used to feed all

Raw feed all way

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Butler said:

As a rule I feed flesh but if I do use biscuits I use redmills Xcel.. That's for running dogs and gun dogs that are worked hard six days a week.. I've tried just about every sack of food on the market over the years and for the price you won't beat it imo.

redmills high protein isnt it same as dr john 30 20 and eukanuba endurance etc 

what do lads think about high protein ?

5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

redmills high protein isnt it same as dr john 30 20 and eukanuba endurance etc 

what do lads think about high protein ?

It's more about how the dogs look and perform on any food rather than what it says on the bag Tbh.... It's also important to take notice of what comes out the other end. Brightly coloured sloppy crap that smells bad is all the proof you need that what your feeding doesn't suit your dogs.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Penda said:

I feed mine on a delightful range of canopies and wines 

Me too... he turned his nose up at the Beluga and anchovie tostadas yesterday, so I gave them to the cats with a nice red and made him a ruby ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, dodger said:

His dogs are working 5 days a week now so wants to up there protein without minimizing on calories which is as if not more important when in heavy work, iv told him to use dr john's new 30 20 feed as I rate it  but it's almost double the price of gain n he's 8 dogs on.. 

gain 28 isn’t a bad food for its price, firm poo dogs look well and coats shine but it’s only 13% fat as it’s designed for sprinting dogs more than endurance so if his dogs are out 5 days a week I’m not sure they would hold condition on it unless he added some fat to it everyday day as in lard or beef dripping or sunflower oil ect which is easy and cheap enough to do anyway, one thing I would tell him if he uses it or any dry food for that matter is to soak it in  plenty of warm water half an hour before feeding,  it amazes me how much water these dry foods will absorb if you let them soak for a while, just imagine if your giving them a big bowl of dry food and the dog isn’t the best drinker it’s got to really dehydrate them when there working hard 

• Like 6

I feed raw and my 3 do well on it and just feed more or less depending on what they doing but I did used to mix dry in with it but stop doing it as they no need and raw and kible have different digesting times so I stick with the raw but for easy feeding or several dogs kible be easier. 

1 hour ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

A slice of this put into the feed is a good way of adding more fat/energy into the diet, an even better way is adding fatty minced beef 

E88B19CE-A892-470D-8EC8-E34169146CC3.png

I've always given my 3 fatty mince 3 times a week and me brother used to mix beef dripping on feed for his runners when he had them .I forgot all about the dripping lol ?