Deal done.

Swapping the 22 for a 455 in 17hmr.

I can have one rigged for night, my current 457 and the 455 with a scope baldcoot sent me for a slightly lighter daytime rig.

The 17hmr has proven to me its versatility and its safety.  Yes I have had to eat my words over calling it a mouse gun, it's more than a mouse gun!

No doubt I'll have to fix the trigger on the 455 but that's nothing new.

So, just got to wait for the variation now......

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Welcome to a very exclusive club ( the I have 2 .17HMR’s club) it’s always good to welcome a new member, now there’s 2 of us ?

You've got two already?

I've always wanted to be exclusive, I believe its better than just special!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

You've got two already?

Yeah, I’ve got a browning T bolt and a cz, you can never have to much of a good thing, to be honest the cz gets far more use than the browning, I’m going to make a point of giving it a run out this week 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Yeah, I’ve got a browning T bolt and a cz, you can never have to much of a good thing, to be honest the cz gets far more use than the browning, I’m going to make a point of giving it a run out this week 

How do the two triggers compare mate? 

5 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

How do the two triggers compare mate? 

Without doing anything to them, the cz is better than the browning, that’s not to say the browning is bad and as you know they have a lot of nice little touches on the T bolt

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Without doing anything to them, the cz is better than the browning, that’s not to say the browning is bad and as you know they have a lot of nice little touches on the T bolt

I've loosened off the spring under trigger as much as I dare. And yeah it's alright. But then I use the tikka..... 

1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

Like you say SD, everybody’s different. I couldn’t do without a .22, wouldn’t miss hmr one bit. I’ve never really gelled with the calibre. My pal loves them, uses his all the time and he doesn’t like .22??

When I was selling rabbit to the gamedealer, between 750 and a thousand a year the 22 was perfect.

Those days are gone now afraid so......